The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond Took The Puck To The Net!

CanKnucklehead89

At 16:04 of the third period tonight an incredible thing happened, Mason Raymond took the puck out of the corner and drove the net!

In all seriousness, he's been very good since 'the scratch', I hope the coaching staff shows him the tape of that and tells "Do that more!".

On a side note, can someone please explain why Chris Higgins isn't on the top line instead of Kassian or Weise. I'm generally a pretty firm AV supporter but Higgins on the first seems like a no-brainer to me.

He has, Honestly, I think the coaching staff sees something in him that we dont; there is a reason they brought him right back into the top line.

I also think he's still less than 100% from the back injury, a prime example of a player taking awhile to come back from an injury is Bieksa - 2 20 point seasons and then Boom! back to 40 pts like the boss he is - MORE POINTS AND BETTER +/- THAN EHRHOFF FYI. :P

He has, Honestly, I think the coaching staff sees something in him that we dont; there is a reason they brought him right back into the top line.

I also think he's still less than 100% from the back injury, a prime example of a player taking awhile to come back from an injury is Bieksa - 2 20 point seasons and then Boom! back to 40 pts like the boss he is - MORE POINTS AND BETTER +/- THAN EHRHOFF FYI. :P

Saw it and cheered...he's been timid about going to the net since his wrist was broken last season.

Let's hope now that he's found his mojo and is getting rewarded for it that he continues play with the kinds of guts we are seeing from him (like Booth and Kes)

To be fair can we expect raymond to cut to the net, hes proabably 175 and when he did it, he got tossed like nothing. Would be scary if someone really wanted to drill him. I dont want to see perimeter play, but cutting to the net like booth or kesler might be asking a bit much.

Higgins would have been a good fit on the first line with Daniel and Henrik when they were struggling, but I don't agree that it makes sense now.

It's nice to see Raymond doing so well - even if it means patronizing commentary from fans - he is the same player he was - he just has a little more confidence and is in a situation where the team needs him to step into a greater role in Daniel's absence, as opposed to hearing everyone calling for him to be shipped out for a bag of pucks or buried in the press box...

To be fair can we expect raymond to cut to the net, hes proabably 175 and when he did it, he got tossed like nothing. Would be scary if someone really wanted to drill him. I dont want to see perimeter play, but cutting to the net like booth or kesler might be asking a bit much.

Higgins would have been a good fit on the first line with Daniel and Henrik when they were struggling, but I don't agree that it makes sense now. It's nice to see Raymond doing so well - even if it means patronizing commentary from fans - he is the same player he was - he just has a little more confidence and is in a situation where the team needs him to step into a greater role in Daniel's absence, as opposed to hearing everyone calling for him to be shipped out for a bag of pucks or buried in the press box...

Higgins would have been a good fit on the first line with Daniel and Henrik when they were struggling, but I don't agree that it makes sense now.

It's nice to see Raymond doing so well - even if it means patronizing commentary from fans - he is the same player he was - he just has a little more confidence and is in a situation where the team needs him to step into a greater role in Daniel's absence, as opposed to hearing everyone calling for him to be shipped out for a bag of pucks or buried in the press box...

I have been very hard on Mason Raymond over the past few months and been questioning why he was put on the first line and hell even why he was a top 6 forward on the Canucks. I also pushed for him to be benched. I will say this - he has really responded since being benched and is definitely playing like a top 6 forward. No more falling down or fear of going to the net etc. So I will tip my hat to the kid and give him his due - my only concern is he played like this before this year for several games then lost that confidence or touch or whatever you want to call it.

My hope is he is hitting his stride when we need him the most - heading into the playoffs. Like I said I have torched him on this board so its only fair to give the kid the recognition he deserves for his play since being a healthy scratch.

Archived