The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Resign Raymond

What would it cost? He hasn't had a top notch season. He had a major injury that's affected his ability to prepare for the season. he's lost core strength and it shows. But he can get it back he might not be a 30 goal scorer but if we could resign him for similar money to Hansen I for one would be thrilled. Do you think he should or will be moved if so for what? and what do you think it would take to resign him.

He's finally playing well and now you want him to retire :P

He has shown up recently, and Kesler is starting to play with some nice jump. They might finally be hitting their stride after their injuries.

If Raymond can keep this play up when Daniel comes back, then I'd gladly sign him to 2-2.5 million.

Who would pay 3 million for the Way he has been playing this year?

He was just above 2 Mill after his Contract ran out before and that was just after a 25 goal season, who would Pay anything more than that with the way he has Played since that Season.

I say around 1 - 1.5. 2 - 2.5 is the Highest I would go, Assuming he is able to keep up his Play consistently through this Final Stretch and the Playoffs.

It all depends on if he can keep up the way he's been playing in the playoffs.

If he keeps up, maybe 2 years 2.5 million per year. He's had such an underwhelming season that he needs to have a REALLY good run in the playoffs to have any negotiating power. But since that scratch, he's looked like the Raymond from 09/10. He needs to do what he's been doing for the past couple games: Getting open, making nice passes, stick handling with confidence, using his speed effectively, taking shots and most of all, taking the fkn puck to the net.

Guest The Brown Burrows

I wouldn't re-sign him, we need to bring someone new into the line-up but if he were to stay I'd be okay with the re-signing if it is lower or equal to 1.75 mil/1 year deal. His market value is about 2.5 million - 3.25 million but he really doesn't deserve that much.

His market value is between $2.5-$3.5 million, but on the Canucks, he is worth $1.5-$1.75 million. Say its low, I don't care much, but you look at what Higgins, Hansen, and Lapierre are getting, Raymond is not going to get $2.25+. He may be get $2 mill, but that'd still be a over payment considering what other get, and if he believes he deserves $2.5 ill+, then let him walk or trade him at the draft.

let him walk......just move on

we need that money going towards defensemen

sedin-sedin-burrows

booth-kesler-kassian

higgins-pahlsson-hansen

malhotra-lapierre-weise

he has no spot on this team...even if kassian is ready for big time minutes or not, the canucks need a player that brings more to the table then just speed

Archived