The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Out - Bring Up A Prospect

goblix

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

With Daniel Sedin out, Kassian is getting limited ice-time, the season is dwindling down and offering up little meaning. Would you like to see a prospect get some minutes in at the NHL under his belt?

What prospect and where would you put him?

Raymond - H. Sedin - Schroeder

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Schroeder has had a good season with the Wolves and been developing a good two way game, I'd say give him a chance on a top 6 role and get him some experience in the NHL to bring back down.

** Edit -- if you have another prospect in mind I can edit the poll and add him in

(Jensen is in juniors and I believe would have to go through waivers)

I thought we only had a limited number of call-ups since it's after the trade deadline (if that's true, it's best not to waste them).

And I believe we cannot call up Jensen until his team is absolutely done for the season.

There is call-up limit. Until the Wolves are eliminated from the playoffs, we can only call up a maximum of 4 players. There is no point wasting a call-up if we don't need it.

And I would say none of our offensive prospects are really NHL-ready anyway.

I actually like the balance of toughness up and down the line up now with Kassian playing some minutes with Hank and Raymond. I just wish Kassian is better and can play there on a full time basis; he played just shy of 10 minutes last night.

Archived