The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Out - Bring Up A Prospect

goblix

104 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

There's no limit on the 23-man roster after the trade deadline, but we have to abide the 4 non-emergency call up limit until the Wolves are done their playoffs. The salary cap is still in effect until playoffs start and Ebbett is nearly back for reinforcements if we need them.

No need to call up anyone, especially while the Wolves need them to cement their playoff spot.

To all the doubters, Raymond has proven with Danny out that he is in every way good enough to compliment other good players. Plus add's speed and defensive pressure to a line. Sure, he does not have the types of talent to carry a line, hence ordinary on the 3rd line. H has looked very good when someone drops the puck on his stick in the slot instead of making him carry it there himself...

To all the bandwagon jumpers, Kassian has shown very little on the top line aside from an effective screen when we scored one goal in Dallas.

To all the drop the mits cement head lovers; I'd be calling up Bitz. He was effective when he played top line. And he sent some messages with his gloves off which we have not seen from Kass yet (aside from showing his chin could take a big left in Dallas).

It would be fun to see Schroeder, and he does deserve a game or 2, but Bitz helps us the most.

B)

With Daniel Sedin out, Kassian is getting limited ice-time, the season is dwindling down and offering up little meaning. Would you like to see a prospect get some minutes in at the NHL under his belt?

What prospect and where would you put him?

Raymond - H. Sedin - Schroeder

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Schroeder has had a good season with the Wolves and been developing a good two way game, I'd say give him a chance on a top 6 role and get him some experience in the NHL to bring back down.

** Edit -- if you have another prospect in mind I can edit the poll and add him in

(Jensen is in juniors and I believe would have to go through waivers)

I wouldn't mind seeing Schroeder called up just to see what potential this kid kinda has, but at the same time I don't want any prospects playing behind the coach we have AV, because seems like every prospect that does come up just ends up being treated like crap and is put in his dog house, so until AV is gone I don't want to see anymore prospects come up especially forwards. I'm sick and tired of seeing your future just traded away for pucks.

You mean like CoHo? :bigblush:

I wouldn't mind seeing Schroeder called up just to see what potential this kid kinda has, but at the same time I don't want any prospects playing behind the coach we have AV, because seems like every prospect that does come up just ends up being treated like crap and is put in his dog house, so until AV is gone I don't want to see anymore prospects come up especially forwards. I'm sick and tired of seeing your future just traded away for pucks.

I actually like the balance of toughness up and down the line up now with Kassian playing some minutes with Hank and Raymond. I just wish Kassian is better and can play there on a full time basis; he played just shy of 10 minutes last night.

Archived