The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Av Flipping The Switch In Colorado?

puckinaround

Anyone watch the last game in Colorado and observe our team tighten up after we scored the first goal. I felt like we were looking a little sloppy, our passes were not crisp and our D were seeming to be having trouble with the system at first. After we scored our first goal we suddenly started looking awesome. Rome happened to get injured right about the same time we got better but so did the goal. Which is the leading cause of this change in game? Was it confidence gained by a one goal lead? The loss of Rome. Or did AV switch up his strategy? Did AV tell the boys something?

If its the last one I wish AV wouldn flip that switch every game.

Also, does anyone know if AV even has seperate strategies for a tied game vs a 1-0 lead?

If you ever sit behind the benches you can actually see a series of switches on the inside of the boards. Green is all out attack go go go, Yellow is more of a conservative, only take the chances if they are there style, and the Red switch is complete defensive focus. Its pretty neat because you can actually switch more than one at a time to get different combinations of strategies.

If you ever sit behind the benches you can actually see a series of switches on the inside of the boards. Green is all out attack go go go, Yellow is more of a conservative, only take the chances if they are there style, and the Red switch is complete defensive focus. Its pretty neat because you can actually switch more than one at a time to get different combinations of strategies.

Anyone watch the last game in Colorado and observe our team tighten up after we scored the first goal. I felt like we were looking a little sloppy, our passes were not crisp and our D were seeming to be having trouble with the system at first. After we scored our first goal we suddenly started looking awesome. Rome happened to get injured right about the same time we got better but so did the goal. Which is the leading cause of this change in game? Was it confidence gained by a one goal lead? The loss of Rome. Or did AV switch up his strategy? Did AV tell the boys something?

Also, does anyone know if AV even has seperate strategies for a tied game vs a 1-0 lead?

We are #1 in the league in scoring the first goal, #1 in the league in scored goals as a whole in the first period, and have the best record in the league when ahead after one period?

Read into that what you will...

:bored:

I think our strategy is always to keep them off the score sheet in the first and at the very least be tied after the first period. We haven't been as good in that department his year I don't think.

Archived