The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Trade For V Hedman? Skinner? Landeskog? Etc?

i think tampa would be willing to part with hedman if they draft another solid defense prospect.

im thinking we sign schneids first. 3 years 3mill per year then trade schneider for hedman and det 1st. tampa gets an allstar and they keep there first to draft a defensive prospect. then they can sign some vet d for the season to come and develop that prospect to replace hedman. schneider can defend better than anyone and hedman hasnt done much for them. plus they have ohlund coming back next year so he can fill some shoes on the blue-line.

to TAMPA:

Luongo

Raymond

Sauve

1st

to VAN:

Hedman

Connelly

Luongo has a huge contract, and i really have a feeling that he'd choke this year, as much as I dont want him to. Raymond is zero trade value. Sauve is a good prospect, and a 1st is a 1st even if it's 30th :) so in order to make Tampa take Raymond and Lu's contract, we'd throw in Sauve and 1st. Might actually have to switch Tanev instead of Sauve to get that done too.

With $7m in salary gone, we'd be able to sign Schneider and hedman long term, probably $5 mil for both of them combined, saving us $2mil.

Then, in the off season, trade Ballard for any pick we may be able to get, and we'd free another $4mil.

Sedins - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Connelly - Schroeder - Hansen

Lapierre - Pahlsson - Kassian

Hammer - Juice

Hedman - Edler

MAG - Salo

Schneider

Lack

to TAMPA:

Luongo

Raymond

Sauve

1st

to VAN:

Hedman

Connelly

Luongo has a huge contract, and i really have a feeling that he'd choke this year, as much as I dont want him to. Raymond is zero trade value. Sauve is a good prospect, and a 1st is a 1st even if it's 30th :) so in order to make Tampa take Raymond and Lu's contract, we'd throw in Sauve and 1st. Might actually have to switch Tanev instead of Sauve to get that done too.

With $7m in salary gone, we'd be able to sign Schneider and hedman long term, probably $5 mil for both of them combined, saving us $2mil.

Then, in the off season, trade Ballard for any pick we may be able to get, and we'd free another $4mil.

Sedins - Burrows

Higgins - Kesler - Booth

Connelly - Schroeder - Hansen

Lapierre - Pahlsson - Kassian

Hammer - Juice

Hedman - Edler

MAG - Salo

Schneider

Lack

Stevie Y laughs in your face.

Hedman AND Connolly for an aging goaltender

with a big contract, a winger who falls down way too often, an unproven D prospect, and a late (25-30) 1st?

Tampa is building for the future. You are

severely overvaluing our players and undervaluing theirs.

First - I would be *thrilled* if Gillis managed to get Luongo down to Tampa instead of Schneider. I think the both have trade value, but I prefer Schneider's attitude and composure at all times.

So let's just say this was possible and Luongo agreed to waive his NTC. I truly think he would accept this, since a) His wife is down there, and B) Vancouver is brutal on goalies and perhaps he has been jeered by the fans one too many times.

I don't think Luongo's contract is prohibative. He started out making too much, but the yearly cap hit is very reasonable for someone of his ability.

I think the player we mainly would want to target is Hedman. While originally Hedman might have been deemed untouchable, I don't think he has developed as expected. Tampa would get an elite goalie in return for a defenseman who may or may not be elite in the future.

While Ballard and Raymond seems to be included in nearly every trade discussion on CDC, I do think it makes sense for us to let them go. I think Raymond would thrive in a place like Tampa, and perhaps Ballard could regain his form... although it is a bit of a wild card.

I am not sure that Conolly is a player we should target though. Even though he is a BC boy which is awesome, he is still a little undersized, is a natural centre (which we don't need), and being a high draft pick Tampa would want quite a bit in return. Furthermore, we don't so much need guys who will develop in 2-3 years as we do players which will make an impact right away.

For this reason, I would suggest some sort of package with Luongo, Ballard and perhaps Raymond for Hedman and Purcell - with a dash or two of later draft picks to taste.

Archived