The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Samuel Påhlsson

uber_pwnzor

Pahlsson's looked really solid and he has unexpectedly provided some offense (and not just second assists off of shots on net - the pass tonight and his behind the back pass in the last game against the Avs show that he has some flare in the offensive zone).

It's also very clear that he's extremely strong. He ties guys up along the boards like nobody's business.

Pahlsson's looked really solid and he has unexpectedly provided some offense (and not just second assists off of shots on net - the pass tonight and his behind the back pass in the last game against the Avs show that he has some flare in the offensive zone).

It's also very clear that he's extremely strong. He ties guys up along the boards like nobody's business.

It's what I've said since the trade.

The guy is so damn strong along the boards he barely ever loses a battle & in the playoffs when the games get a bit more grindy it'll be even more noticeable.

There's a reason he's made it to the finals twice and the conference finals once out of four playoff appearances.

Plus, he has untapped offensive potential (which he showed pre-NHL and lockout) which comes in handy when having him in situations like the goal against Colorado tonight - imagine if that was stonehands Josh Green or Ryan Johnson instead..

Good at winning faceoffs and pitching in for assists here and there. He's doing so many things right, you can't help but notice him. I'm not an avid observer of the game and I don't pick up on a lot of things that more experienced fans do, but I'm certainly pleased to have him as part of the team. The third line is clicking so well!

Best of all, he knows how to throw big hits. For some reason he finishes his hits a lot more than other guys and they look painful, similar to Edler's hits. Can't wait for him to really shine in the playoffs.

What disappoints me is that Pahlsson is out-playing Kassian right now. If we kept Hodgson, we would have had a gritty bottom-6 with Pahlsson and plenty of skill and talent as well.

it's funny - half of the board was complaining about samme not being himself because he's gotten older - the older you get the wiser you get - he may not be as fast but he's one smart player...

he's going to be 1000x more effective then cody hodgson would have been in the playoffs - quote me if you'd like.

Archived