The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Atlantis!?

aliboy

I am interested in thoughts on this specific program on Atlantis. The excavations on Santorini have revealed multi-story contstruction and, as stated in the program, indoor plumbing not seen anywhere else in the region for another 1000 years, indicating a very advanced society.

In another documentary, which I cannot find, but looked like an earlier version of this one, a Greek pH'd was saying that the word for "bigger than" Libya and Asia is almost identical to the word meaning "in between" Libya and Asia. And that another very plausible translation issue can easily explain the difference in the date. They also had a picture of another formation that 3500 years ago was called the pillars of hercules, but it is not Gibraltor.

This is an excellant program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dE04cvBklg

i guess california can rest easy too then. (and just to be clear, i didn't watch the video, it's just that speaking in absolutes tends to be fairly foolhearty, but I don't believe atlantis was some super advanced society either, more like some ill fated city akin to Pompeii, just the wrong place at the wrong time)

I am interested in thoughts on this specific program on Atlantis. The excavations on Santorini have revealed multi-story contstruction and, as stated in the program, indoor plumbing not seen anywhere else in the region for another 1000 years, indicating a very advanced society.

In another documentary, which I cannot find, but looked like an earlier version of this one, a Greek pH'd was saying that the word for "bigger than" Libya and Asia is almost identical to the word meaning "in between" Libya and Asia. And that another very plausible translation issue can easily explain the difference in the date. They also had a picture of another formation that 3500 years ago was called the pillars of hercules, but it is not Gibraltor.

This is an excellant program.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1dE04cvBklg

A lot of myths get handed down have a basis in fact. Santorini is a great example of how a story started. An advanced culture, seemingly wiped out by the gods. (Remember a few thousand years ago, people thought gods ran everything)

It is easy to see how the story gets exagerrated, and changed to a continent sized landmass vanishing into the sea.

Graham Hancock has discovered a boatload of underwater pyramids and other structures off the coast of Japan, India, the UK, Europe, etc...

It has more to do with ice melting and raising the sea level than anything sinking into the ocean, though.

Look for yourself.

http://www.google.ca/search?client=safari&rls=en&q=graham+hancock+under+water+civilizations&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&redir_esc=&ei=Fcp0T4_1BemqiQKUmYEr

The same Graham Hancock that's been selling sensationalistic drivel that has no scientific proof?

The same dude that believes in "Earth Crust Displacement?" to which..in the journal of Geophysical Research says

"Research shows that during the last 200 million years a total true polar wander of some 30° has occurred, but that no super-rapid shifts in the Earth's pole were found during this period."

That Graham Hancock?

The same Graham Hancock that's been selling sensationalistic drivel that has no scientific proof?

The same dude that believes in "Earth Crust Displacement?" to which..in the journal of Geophysical Research says

"Research shows that during the last 200 million years a total true polar wander of some 30° has occurred, but that no super-rapid shifts in the Earth's pole were found during this period."

That Graham Hancock?

Archived