The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ctv Sports Reporter Trolls The Leafs

Honestly... I disliked that. Those are questions people want to know but the way he's talking about Gustavsson before he asks the question, the way he asked it. Then the Dion question. They act like the reason why they're failing is to spite the media, it's getting ridiculous that they treat them this way. They have pride and are trying to play, you don't think they know the pressure on them?

It's like the media are acting entitled because the fans feel like they're entitled too. Just seemed incredibly unprofessional in my opinion.

"Since Free Agency is coming up you're pretty much done in Toronto right?"

"Hey you're a crapty captain, what's your take on that?"

And I'm a bloody Senators fan.

Agreed wholeheartedly on his point that Phaneuf shouldn't be captain, he just doesn't seem fit for the role. He seems like whenever he speaks he's a broken record of hockey cliches and doesn't appear to be someone to be able to galvanize a locker-room. When the reporter asked him if he provided sufficient leadership and he responded with 'What do you think?', that to me spoke of immaturity.

Also, best reporting by CTV in a while, get that man an award.

Agreed wholeheartedly on his point that Phaneuf shouldn't be captain, he just doesn't seem fit for the role. He seems like whenever he speaks he's a broken record of hockey cliches and doesn't appear to be someone to be able to galvanize a locker-room. When the reporter asked him if he provided sufficient leadership and he responded with 'What do you think?', that to me spoke of immaturity.

Also, best reporting by CTV in a while, get that man an award.

what an arse, he could atleast show a little respect. hes gonna go in there and ask those questions? wow. normally im all for bashing the leafs but the schenn bit went too far. he needs to get out of there. he or his agent should request a trade. he looked like he was gonna cry.

im also assuming that guy is retiring cause he just black listed himself with pretty much every sports team in toronto. MLSE(leafs, raptors, toronto FC, the marlies) + the blue jays as rogers owns them all. hes got the argonaunts and CHL, ... actually i forgot bell bought ctv, and the other half of that piece of MLSE, so this guy just quit.

Disagree with that whole heartedly. The Province sports team is the only reason I still read The Province. They ask the tough questions and unlike the house radio (1040) are actually critical of the team. I like Botchford, out of everyone he seems to hold the team most accountable. Also they are not trolls if there points are valid. They give a critical perspective to the Canucks which in my opinion is needed considering how much homerism this city features. I am a die hard Canucks fan but I am also a critical fan and for me personally The Province provides a critical perspective.

I don't understand why that poser Dion wears Red Bull hat. Got to be some of the worst marketing possible for Red bull, also why would the leafs ever let dion think he's bigger than the team..?

Yet another reason why the leafs are stuck in this situation for a long while yet.

Lol. Keep it up, TO.

Is it any wonder why big name free agents never sign there? All they have to do is turn on the tube every night to witness the latest bashing the team gets from every hockey media outlet under the sun. All they have to do is hear the horror stories from current TO players about the stupid media, the impatient fans, the lack of personal freedom, the constant harrassment, the waffles, the milk carton searches, Burke, the bad decisions and the ridiculous expectations.

Why would any big name player ever willingly go there?

Keep it up, TO. Keep it up.

TOML

Archived