The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Call Of The Canucks

L'Orange

The Call of the Canucks  

51 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Playoff time is quickly approaching.

Who will get the call to play?

Byron Bitz brings the most. Size, grit, and scoring

Mike Duco brings grit

Jordan Schroeder brings depth at centre.

Will any of them get the call?

Did I miss anyone?

Thanks.

Canuck-a-nuck out.

Honestly, this team is going to have incredible depth this post season, way beyond those three players.

Byron Bitz, Mike Duco, Steve Reinprecht, Jordan Schroeder -- Don't forget Andrew Ebbett and Aaron Volpatti are also skating and could possibly be available at any point along the way. Thats 18 forwards, although I doubt Schroeder gets the call unless they desperately need him, as the Wolves will also be in the playoffs. On defence, with the inclusion of Kevin Connaughton (similar to Schroeder), the team is also very deep on defence.

One thing we all learned last year is that it really is a battle of attrition. I really like the idea of having a little bit of a rotation in the 4th line to keep those guys fresh.

I voted for a combination. I think out of those 3 Duco and Bitz are most likely to get playing time. We have a lot of options for gritty 4th line wingers (Kassian, Bitz, Duco, Weise, and possibly Volpatti), and I could definitely see a bit of a rotation going on there. I can't see Schroeder cracking the lineup, especially since we have so much depth and centre and Gillis specifically traded away a skilled centre (Hodgson) in exchange for more grit. Even if one of our centres is injured, I think we would be more likely to see Reinprecht step in, or Malhotra taking back his natural position.

Honestly, this team is going to have incredible depth this post season, way beyond those three players.

Byron Bitz, Mike Duco, Steve Reinprecht, Jordan Schroeder -- Don't forget Andrew Ebbett and Aaron Volpatti are also skating and could possibly be available at any point along the way. Thats 18 forwards, although I doubt Schroeder gets the call unless they desperately need him, as the Wolves will also be in the playoffs. On defence, with the inclusion of Kevin Connaughton (similar to Schroeder), the team is also very deep on defence.

One thing we all learned last year is that it really is a battle of attrition. I really like the idea of having a little bit of a rotation in the 4th line to keep those guys fresh.

Archived