The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rypien Jerseys

direwolf

I just contacted the Canuck's fan store to ask about getting a Rypien Jersey. I was told that they would not sell a Rypien jersey or make a Rypien jersey from a stock Canuck's jersey. I was told that the management did not want to be seen as making money off a dead player. Does anyone know who I can contact in the Canuck's organization to discuss this further. I think it would be a great way to honour Rick's memory to see lots and lots of Rypien jerseys in the stands. In addition, the management could offer to donate all the money from the sale of these jerseys to a mental health charity. They could even cut the price of the jerseys in order to try to sell more jerseys. It would be a great thing to do for Rick and his family as well as be a great marketing play. It's a win-win situation. Can anyone advise? Also, any thoughts about this?

I live in Ontario, so all the stores I know of are probably small business stores. You have a great idea there and it might convince them. But in their defence, I can see their point of view on the subject as well.

It would be an excellent way to represent him.

I went to a Laffs game a few months ago, someone had the new jersey with "Belak" on the back

I see the Canucks view on this but then it can be viewed both ways. By not producing his jersey, they aren't giving fans who want to honour him an oppertunity. The fans that want his jersey, want it because they loved Ryp and want to remember him. They wouldn't be making money off of him in a negative way.

And as many as you have said, could donate all proceeds from his jerseys to a good charity.

Archived