The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Cbj- Van

To CBJ: Schneider

To VAN: 1st pick 2012

Vancouver would do this because a goalie like Eddie Lack is available from the minors and is very poised in his positioning, and giving up Schneider for Yakupov (I know it's not actually Yakupov we're getting but everyone knows he would be the first pick) would be ideal.

Columbus would do this because they need a better goalie than Sanford, and I believe they are willing to pay a high price for a goalie. When they used their second overall pick, the player they picked obviously didn't want to play for the Jackets, so he quit altogether. I'm sure if he had been picked by the Canucks or Rangers, he wouldn't quit. The Jackets know they suck, so nobody wants to be on their team.

columbus-blue-jackets-7.pngvan-logo.png

Ok Guys I like Lack. But ask yourself this. It took Cory three years to developed in the farm and in the process of the first three years they brought him up slowly with the big club and played the odd game here and there. Where we have Lack who hasn't played one NHL GAME yet in two years with the organization. Thats alot to ask for isn't it?

Ginger stated he was happy to be here . He wants to win, and yes he wants to be a starter one day but whats the point of being a starter if your going to lose most of the time. He stated that himself.

Ok Guys I like Lack. But ask yourself this. It took Cory three years to developed in the farm and in the process of the first three years they brought him up slowly with the big club and played the odd game here and there. Where we have Lack who hasn't played one NHL GAME yet in two years with the organization. Thats alot to ask for isn't it?

Ginger stated he was happy to be here . He wants to win, and yes he wants to be a starter one day but whats the point of being a starter if your going to lose most of the time. He stated that himself.

I'm lol'ing at everyone saying it would take Schneider, a first and a blue chip prospect. NO.

First of all, Columnus desperately needs a goaltender. Second, Schneider and a first is way overpaying.

Number 1 overall picks don't come cheaply. Schneider hasn't proven he can be a starter for a full year, he's shown signs that he could, but until you have a guy play 60+ games, he's still a question mark, and even then he still may not pan out. Look at Steve Mason in Columbus, he was rookie of the year and looked like a great starter, now they're in desperate need of a goalie? And you're looking at Schneider playing on a team thats been at the top of league while he's here, how much has that been responsible for how he looks?

Varlamov was traded for a 1st rounder which is probably between #15-20, and a 2nd rounder.

The 1st overall pick is worth WAY WAY more than a late 1st rounder is. People thought Washington got a great return for Varlamov, and Schneider may get a bit more in return, but I sincerely doubt that he would even be half of the trade package required to get the number 1 pick.

Archived