The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Would Or Should Av Automatically Put Daniel Back On The 1St Line When He Comes Back?

MJDDawg

Just my thoughts (pretty much repeats what some others have said xD)

This is one of the benefits of having depth and versatile players. Players can play with different players to form lines that may compromise certain qualities but accentuate another, depending on the match-ups, type of style the opponent plays, in-game situation such as injuries and 10-min misconducts to key players, etc.

Maybe Keith's "Whack-a-mole" on Daniel was a blessing in disguise..Henrik's play has become more aggressive, team support between whistles improved significantly, and the discovery of new lines that we can use in the playoffs should we need a mix-up.

To answer the OP, I would keep them apart for now and have the occasional shift together. In the playoffs, keep them apart first, then put them together to have a blitzkrieg effect to throw off the opponent's match-ups and to keep them guessing. On the PP, they should always be together; ditto for 4-4 situations where there's more ice to use.

Anyone suggesting spilting up our current 3rd line of

Higgins - Phalsson - Hanson

Should automatically written off

They have been our most consistent line over the past 8-10 games, and look to be the most playoff ready..

And to answer the question at hand

Yes Daniel should be automatically slotting into the number 1 line.. At least to start

A week ago this would have been a stupid question, but I really like the make up of the first line with Hank, Lappy and Burr right now. While they haven't been lights out, Burr and Lappy seem to have woken Hank from his slumber and he looks like he has quite a bit more energy suddenly.

I really like the look of our third line now heading into the playoffs. With Lappy on the "first" line, our fourth line has looked better and been more involved lately as well. Kass had his best game in a while last night in my view.

So when Daniel is ready, is it automatic that AV puts him back with Hank and Burr?

Would or should AV even consider putting him on the second line with Kes and Booth or MayRay to help that line get going?

So heading into the playoffs:

Lappy    Hank        Burr

Daniel    Kes          Booth/MayRay

Higgy     Pahlsson  Hansen

Kassian  Malhotra  Weise/Pinizzotto/Volpatti/Ebbett

Noticed nobody mentioned these lines.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Kesler-Booth

Lapierre-Pahlsson-Hansen

Raymond/others-Malhotra-Kassian

I would also have no issue with burrows and lap swaping spots, lap might have trouble playing left wing, i cant recall.

Higgins is the only guy that has made the second line effective, even burrows looked bad playing on that line.

Canucks will seriously need to consider moving kesler to the wing on off season. Nobody except higgins has played well lately with him.

And before someone mentions burrows and kes used to play great together, yes they used to, but the last couple years we jugled the lines burrows went from a passing line to a line that does not pass, and has not played well with him.

I have news for you and the rest of the Canucks fanbase that think this way.It's a stupid question. Last week, last month, last year, the year before and for the next few years, it's a stupid question. Daniel & Henrik are the 2 best Canucks, period. They are great together. Breaking up two people who do what they do is idiotic.So yeah, stupid question. Only Canucks fans would think of breaking up the Sedins and leaving Lapierre on the top line.

Noticed nobody mentioned these lines.

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Kesler-Booth

Lapierre-Pahlsson-Hansen

Raymond/others-Malhotra-Kassian

I would also have no issue with burrows and lap swaping spots, lap might have trouble playing left wing, i cant recall.

Higgins is the only guy that has made the second line effective, even burrows looked bad playing on that line.

Canucks will seriously need to consider moving kesler to the wing on off season. Nobody except higgins has played well lately with him.

And before someone mentions burrows and kes used to play great together, yes they used to, but the last couple years we jugled the lines burrows went from a passing line to a line that does not pass, and has not played well with him.

Archived