The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Philly - Pittsburgh Chaos

-DLC-

Elbowed?

You can see a elbow from this view? aren't you non-biased at all :rolleyes:

And I didn't know that Crosby played against the Flyers all season too; thought he had some sort of concussion.. no?

I sense that someone's just anal that the Flyers have had trouble beating the Penguins in the playoffs in recent years :lol:

Elbowed?

You can see a elbow from this view? aren't you non-biased at all :rolleyes:

And I didn't know that Crosby played against the Flyers all season too; thought he had some sort of concussion.. no?

I sense that someone's just anal that the Flyers have had trouble beating the Penguins in the playoffs in recent years :lol:

Actually all game Crosby was slashing players and he did elbow Schenn just prior to the cross check. Be broke his stick like 3 times slashing people. Can't see much from that video but it was there.

Doesn't matter who is he, if he's going to do that he needs to be aware there are consequences.

To those on the Crosby is a victim and everyone is out to get him because they are haters bandwagon... I'll just leave this here...

I would post the slashes but for some reason they never seem to end up uploaded.

Instead I will leave you with a few quotes from a gameday thread that gave me a chuckle.

Twist: These quotes are not from a Flyers gameday thread

2nd Period

- someone needs to get a youtube of the Crosby slash, post it on the main board and say "this is why we hate Crosby"

A period later...

- Missed slash by Crosby...again.

- Crosby with another slash, uncalled. Absolute baby.

- Wow another missed slashing call on cindy. I wonder how many pps the penguins are going to get here down the stretch.

Later...

- LOL, Pens slash so much and get away with it. Cooke finally getting called for something on that shift.

Later...

- Nasty slash by Crosby goes "unnoticed."

- Are you kidding me on Crosby? HE BROKE HIS STICK WITH THE SLASH AND NOTHING IS CALLED!?

- I'm surprised Voracek didn't get called for slashing Crosby's stick in half with his thigh.

- lol he broke his freakin stick and there was no call.

- Crosby broke his stick on that.

- So I guess refs aren't calling slashes today?

Later...

- Lol another slash uncalled. This is getting ridiculous

- More slashes go unnoticed. Jagr's stick broke on that.

- Pens getting away with murder. amazed.gifssst.gif

- April Fools Day = slashing penalties are hereby ignored

- I don't even think I could watch a playoff series against the the pens. It could get expensive after I throw all of my electronic devices out the window with this kind of officiating.

And then finally Schenn hits Crosby...

- schenn...haha, a taste of crosby's own medicine

Doubt it, when the Pens are at their best.. If Philly can magically get Pronger back, then they have a shot. No way they can shut down Malkin/Neal and Crosby/Cooke/Kunitz (I don't really know who Crosby plays with..) throughout a 7 Game Series.

"- I'm surprised Voracek didn't get called for slashing Crosby's stick in half with his thigh." That was a good one, if you want to be respected, play properly and don't act like a cheap shotting whiny baby. My respect for Schenn went up so much whilst watching that game, superstar or not, he realized a message a needed to be sent to Crosby, and sent that message knowing the risks. It's just too bad Briere ended up getting hit with retaliation. I can acknowledge crosbys offensive skill and respect that, but never respect his character.

Heres to hoping Philly takes out Penguins in the playoffs.

Guest The Brown Burrows

I was hoping for a Crosby beat down the next shift (just don't like his attitude).

The brawl wasn't even that bad (goalies stayed in their nets). The Flyers overreacted but they were obviously sending the Pens a message for the playoffs...the Scheen cross-check was beautiful (Crosby just lying on the ice...priceless).

^ I'm being bias, don't flame :P

Oh, so you saw no hit at all? Right. Crosby better be prepared to get hit back if he is going to hit someone else. Schenn doesn't take anything from anyone. And the Pens were fine without Crosby this year and you know it. I'm not anal about us losing to the Pens. The year that they beat us in 08, no one was beating the Red Wings. So I was happy to let them be embarrassed. In 2009, we just sucked.

So I welcome the challenge.

Two good teams competing and things got chippy. That's all folks.

Crosby is an amazing player. If you don't like him, fine. If you don't appreciate the skill level he brings to the game, you are not a fan of hockey.

On the other side of the coin, if you think Schenn's crosscheck was actually vicious, you are wearing rose-coloured glasses.

This is just an intense rivalry. Nothing (with the exception of Laviolette smashing a stick) really crossed the line IMO. Was everything clean? No. But there are varying degrees of dirty, and this was on the lower end of the scale.

Not to get in the way of the Crosby hate or anything, but Mike Milbury just made a fool of himself running his mouth on the radio:

The Philadelphia Flyers and Pittsburgh Penguins renewed hostilities on Sunday Afternoon in a game that ended with a line brawl and 52 minutes in penalties being shared between the two teams from just that incident.

The altercation was not contained to the ice as Flyers head coach Peter Laviolette climbed up on the boards to yell at Penguins head coach Dan Bylsma. Laviolette was also fined for his post-game comments about the incident.

Former NHL head coach and player Mike Milbury is no stranger to these types of situations and on Monday, he told a Philadelphia radio station that he wishes the Penguins head coach had been more involved in the fracas.

"I can remember being in such a perch or at least trying to climb over the boards to get at somebody to make a point. I thought that was good," Millbury said on Sports Radio 94WIP. "I thought Dan Bylsma should have taken off his skirt and been over there himself."

One of the factors that touched off the fighting was a cross-check to Penguins forward Sidney Crosby's back by Flyers forward Brayden Schenn that was followed by a hit on Danny Briere by Joe Vitale.

Milbury does not believe these types of actions are out of character for Crosby.

"Crosby gets cross-checked, big whoop," said Milbury on Sports Radio 94WIP. "He said after he came back from his 35th concussion, 'I'm not going to do this anymore, I'm not going to get into those scrums, I'm going to stay away from that stuff' but he couldn't help himself because there is a little punk in Crosby. He's not the perfect gentleman, he's not that little sweet kid you see in all those interviews with his hat pulled down over his eyes. I say screw him, hit him."

The Penguins and Flyers will meet one more time in the final game of the season and could be headed towards a first round playoff matchup.

Anyone hear/read Milbury's comments about the brawl? Lots of sportswriters/bloggers talking about it on Twitter.

Never mind, 'woot' just posted his quote lol.

Somebody so beautifully tweeted ...@CrownRoyal22 So it's a big deal when Milbury calls Crosby a punk & says Bylsma needed to take off his skirt. But when the Sedins are Thelma and Louise ....

But '35th concussion' ....c'mon

Archived