The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

More Confident This Year Than Last... Random Thoughts

nuck luck

- Is the D getting better or are they finally adjusting to the new guidelines set by the NHL/referees? It's probably the homer in me, but I haven't seen them really clutching and grabbing like most of our opposition.

Spezza quotes, "I can't remember the last time we had a clear cut 2 on 1....you get 3 on 2's and 4 on 3's, but you don't get a lot of 2 on 1's or breakaways anymore unless you're one of those really speedy guys", when questioned about PP's and scoring chances.

- Does Mayray need another benching? He sure plays well when his job is in jeopardy...

- I still think that we should try Kass on the first PP. It'd be tough to move him and he's got the hands to knock in any sloppy seconds

- If we do happen to incur major injuries to our top 2 lines or they have troubles producing, another option that AV has at his disposal would be a line of Higgy, Lappy & Kes/Hank. Higgy just works with any line... love the guy :)

- I've mentioned this in plenty of posts, but I really can't wait to see how Booth performs in the playoffs :) This guy is hungry and after years of anticipation, he's finally getting his chance....

- All debates regarding who deserves credit for the current Canucks should now be mute. Yes, a couple other GM's did draft most of the core, but MG is the one who re-signed them. MG is also the one who brought in Booth, Lappy, Higgy, Hamuis and Tanev....and kept the team intact. The core has played well, but it wouldn't be hard to argue that these 5 have made a huge impact and often carried the team.

- I was confident last year and we came close, but lost due to injuries and depth. This year...my confidence has jumped to another level. I can't believe how well the team is playing without D. Sedin, Bieksa, Rome and Ballard...

- Kes: I think we should see Kes take his game to another level this playoffs. This time, he's got a true PF on his line to help him bang and he won't have to waste his energy on the defensive side of the game with line 2B playing so well.

Manny's injury was a serious detriment to the style of play that AV wanted. Now, he has that again with Pahlsson.

I think were more experienced and hungry not that we werent last year.

they know what it will take

and im excited to see a healthy line up once danny and juice come back!

also last year we didnt know how schneids would perform in the playoffs if he were to play but now we know with all the important games he has played this season dating back to game 6 vs hawksss

I'm just glad to see our depth pulling through for us right now with some key players injured or taking a few games off.

That's the key, really. As we've seen so many times in the playoffs, the top 2 lines often get shut down, so the third line really needs to step up. I have a lot of confidence in our third line.

honestly, i think that the boys are more ready this year than last year. To me it looks like they want it more. Henrik is driven, you can tell he wants it. The boys are sticking up for each other like I've never seen before. If teams want to play physical against us i feel that we are able to play that style of hockey a lot better than last year. I dont think that there is any team in the western conference that can match up against us except for maybe nashville and maybe even chicago. We are clearly the best team in the west and arguably the best in the league and i think that this will show in the playoffs. Last years loss was tough, but I think we have all learnt from it and are going to go into these playoffs stronger than ever.

A healthy Daniel Sedin is needed and no word if or when he comes back.

The third line is the second line as Higgins stirs the drinks.

Kesler and Booth can't score to save their jockstraps from falling to their ankles.

Going down the stretch last year Kes had 5 goals and nine points in his last nine games.

Kes has tallied one assist in his last nine games this year.

That can't continue or there is going to be trouble.

http://canucks.nhl.c...12&view=gamelog

http://canucks.nhl.c...12&view=gamelog

Totally agree on Pahlsson's key role in AV's system. With Pahlsson, AV seems to manage the flow of the game a lot more effectively. We were very tight defensively and everyone played good two way hockey, all the while dictating possession for good periods. Exactly how AV wants the game played.

honestly, i think that the boys are more ready this year than last year. To me it looks like they want it more. Henrik is driven, you can tell he wants it. The boys are sticking up for each other like I've never seen before. If teams want to play

physical against us i feel that we are able to play that style of hockey a lot better than last year. I dont think that there is any team in the western conference that can match up against us except for maybe nashville and maybe even chicago. We are clearly the best team in the

west and arguably the best in the league and i think that this will show in the playoffs. Last years loss was tough, but I think we have all learnt from it and are going to go into these playoffs stronger than ever.

I think were more experienced and hungry not that we werent last year.

they know what it will take

and im excited to see a healthy line up once danny and juice come back!

also last year we didnt know how schneids would perform in the playoffs if he were to play but now we know with all the important games he has played this season dating back to game 6 vs hawksss

I'm just glad to see our depth pulling through for us right now with some key players injured or taking a few games off.

That's the key, really. As we've seen so many times in the playoffs, the top 2 lines often get shut down, so the third line really needs to step up. I have a lot of confidence in our third line.

Totally agree on Pahlsson's key role in AV's system. With Pahlsson, AV seems to manage the flow of the game a lot more effectively. We were very tight defensively and everyone played good two way hockey, all the while dictating possession for good periods. Exactly how AV wants the game played.

If Kesler, Booth & Burrows dont carry the load... We're done for! They are the real secondary scoring, everyone else is tertiary... (3rd grade). I hope the Sedins, once Daniel is back, will be able to make a difference this playoffs, unlike last year!

Archived