The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Proposal] Back Where They Belong (Thomas, Hedjuck, Drury To Quebec).

palindrom, those are pretty awful proposals.

However, the idea of Quebec bringing in players that had success in the city wouldn't be a bad one, because as everybody as seen in Winnipeg the fans really liked it and some player performed pretty well (Wellwood, Glass, etc).

However, none of Hejduk, Thomas or Drury are very realistic. Plus, none of them actually played a SINGLE GAME in a Nordiques uniform. Here are some players that might be more realistic though:

- Aaron Johnson. UFA-to-be. Good friends with Nash and Nash is likely to leave. Played 32 regular season games with the Quebec Remparts (41 points) and had 8 points in 11 playoff games.

- Simon Gagne. Has one more year left on his contract, but maybe he could be traded... As spent most of the year injured, but has 17 points in 34 games. He absolutely ripped it up with the Remparts.

- Cedrick Desjardins. Another former Rempart, putting up great stats in the AHL this year. RFA-to-be. Could be a good backup next year.

- M-E Vlasic. Has one more year on his contract. Another former Rempart who played amazingly well with them. Has been pretty good with San Jose though, so they probably wouldn't move him easily.

- Angelo Esposito. I think he is now Dallas property. He's never gonna be the player he was for Quebec in Jr., but maybe he can reestablish himself as a 3rd liner or something.

- Alex Radulov. Came back to North America to finish off his contract. Nashville will do everything to keep him, but he's a RFA. Could be the face of Quebec going forward if they could nab him somehow.

- Mathieu Garon. Put up some good stats for the Citadelles when Quebec had a AHL team. Would be another good option to back-up Smith next year.

- Aaron Asham. Put up a PPG with the Citadelles and is a UFA to be. Still has some game left.

- Ron Hainsey. UFA-to-be. Not playing awesomely for the Jets this year, played for the Citadelles for a season and a bit.

The last Nordique was Adam Foote if I'm not mistaken. And by the way the Colisée is getting refurbished and is no worst than the Nassau Coliseum. It can be used while the new building is getting constructed. I do think the Coyotes will end up here at the end of the playoff.

Can't wait to see my Nordiques kick some Habs ass. That's gonna be fun to watch that's for sure :-)

Archived