The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will We Have Another Marchant Bobbleheading Sedin Playoff Run Again This Year?

NuckNuckNucks

Why is it that everything bad happens to Daniel? He gets punched by Marchand, attacked by Neil, hooked/slashed/facewashed by Bolland, and elbowed by Keith.

Henrik has only been attacked by Corey Perry.

EDIT: Henrik has also been attacked by Chara, but I am pretty sure that more than 75 percent of forwards in the nhl have been attacked by the Chara.

I'm tired of people saying Kassian will stop anything like this from happening. Kassian didn't do anything when Daniel got Keith'ed. He won't do anything next time it happens either. Other than his first two games here he's been ineffective and is average at hitting and fighting.

It won't happen this year because we have Aaron Volpatti and Zack Kassian. Volpatti won't be able to return until the later rounds of the playoffs, but the only teams I see toughness being an issue is in the Stanley Cup Finals if we make it. Boston, Philadelphia, and the NY Rangers.

Volpatti - Lapierre - Kassian :towel:

Kelly Sutherland and Dan O'Halloran should have landed in the AHL after that performance - but the writing is on the wall - the NHL is a Mickey-Mouse operation that not only allows that punk-ass sh#t, but apparently thinks it is good for the culture and business of hockey - so the Canucks will have to answer in kind. Let the sideshow begin.

Kassian was not acquired to be an enforcer - he was acquired to be a power-forward. Big difference. He is not here to beat up on punks like Marchand - not to mention that he is a 21 year old - expecting him to 'protect' the team is premature and off-base - that is the entire team's job.

Daniel got 2 and 10 for cussing out the Ref.

There won't be a replay of this. After the Kieth attack on Daniel, I think Henrik would lumberjack a guy for trying the same. Though ideally it would be someone else picking up the penalty minutes than a Sedin. Kassian, Lapierre, Volpatti, etc.

The lamest part was clearly the ref was waiting for Sedin to retaliate so he could doll out equal minutes. It was so obvious otherwise Marchand would have been called after the 1st 2 punches but instead the ref waits until Daniel gets frustrated, with the ref not doing anything, and calls a penalty on him(Daniel) for getting called out(the ref) for standing around with his hands in his pockets.

Archived