The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is The Pahlsson Starting To Remind You Of The 2006-07 Ducks 3Rd Line?

Franz Liszt

Hi.

Recently, the Pahlsson line has gotten a good chunk of the scoring lately, whether on the penalty kill or even strength. Higgins and Hansen are both extremely hard working players who love to hit, grind and hem the opposition in their own zone.

Their play lately, especially over the last 8 games or so have really reminded me of the Moen-Pahlsson-Niedermayer 3rd line that happened to be on the ice when they eliminated the Canucks in the 2007 playoffs.

The reason of this thread, is to discuss your thoughts on either keeping the line together, or trying new combonations. I honestly would like to keep the line together, because I feel they will all get above 0.5 PPG during the playoffs, plus giving us a deeper forward group.

All 3 players on the Pahlsson line had a key role in this goal. Pahlsson takes both Hejda and O'Reilly. By the time Pahlsson passes the puck to Higgins, O'Reilly couldn't get position on Higgins. While in front of the net, Hansen is tied up with O'Byrne, leaving Higgins 1 on 1 with Varlamov.

Once again all 3 players had a key role in this one too. Scott Niedermayer to his brother Rob who protects the puck and gets Meszaros and Spezza to chase him behind the net. Pahlsson and Redden are having a bump fest in front of the net, and when Alfredsson skates away from Moen leaving Travis wide open, Niedermayer saucers a pass to Travis for an easy snap shot on Emery who wasn't ready at all.

The 3rd line will be our key line in the playoffs if all 3 stay healthy. They are durable hockey players who are also versatile incase of injury or emergancy.

All in all, Pahlsson still has a lot left in the tank. I hope Mike Gillis signs him to a 2-year extension after this for his leadership, faceoff skills and making his linemates better.

As of now, this 3rd line looks awsome going into the playoffs. They will step it up a notch, and I think they will do a great job shutting down the top lines and will frustrate them. And they will chip offensively as well. Might be the most important line in the playoffs.

I'm loving this line but unless the second line picks it up I'm not sure it will last. Higgy at some point might have to be reunited with the AmEx line to ignite them if their drought turns into losses.

Gotta love Higgy's versatility, you can put him anywhere and he doesn't pout and brings it every night

Role players are always huge in the playoffs, but we really need the top two lines to step it up and also be healthy when we start. If the Sedins aren't playing up to snuff, other teams will have no problem matching their top line against ours, and leaving the checkers to the line that's rolling (if the playoffs were going on right now, that would be our third line). I really love this third line the way it is, but our best players need to be our best players.

Higgins has been a boss since the moment he was traded to the Canucks. Pahlsson is a 6'5 boss and so defensively sound. Jannick Hansen, knows with some fast skating and a nice pass he can get Higgins out into the open and into a scoring chance. Love our third line right now.

Second line with Kesler and Booth. The way Booth is physically running over the opposition right now is so awesome, I don't even care if their line doesn't get any points.

Have to get Raymond off the 2nd he and Kesler have zero chemistry nowadays.

Pahlsson reminds me of Malhotra from last season, but a little faster and rougher. I think this checking line could be just as, if not more good than that Ducks' checking line. Each member of that line can chip in offensively, stifle defensively, and play an incessantly gritty game with tons of speed to boot. They're as aggressive as bull elephant seals (honey badger for Hansen, of course), I love it.

Guest Dasein

I love Sammy Pahlsson - just a beast.

Our 3rd line can compete against any line in the NHL and shut them down for the most part and are capable of chipping in offensively on a regular basis.

Love it.

Archived