The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Down Button!

sdnucksfan

bring back the friggin minus or a down button! whoevers feelings were hurt by a minus is a little baby whos parents probably forgot to block the site on the parental lock.

the up button doesnt give any real indication of quality of a post and only gives one side an option to up the post even if its a bad one.

generally those who were excessivly minused deserved it as their rediculous trolling posts were pure blasphmy. i.e. "trade Lu for a 1st round edmonton pick" so on and so forth. the minus was a good thing and im positive a majority of cdc users agree with me a minus or down button needs to return....some have gone as far as to put "bring back the minus" in their signature.

its been a while mods, im sure you havent been discussing the idea for 6 months. its time to bring it back!

sorry to double and probably 100th post but damnit my voice will be heard!!! (sorry)

I HAVE SPOKEN!!!! ~ family guy

it doesnt...but someone whos serious about posting and not just here to be a douche and troll would atleast have an indication of the quality of their posts. too often you open a thread and it has 2 plus' and you wonder if there were a minus what would the rating be?

generally threads with only a few minuses were good threads but poorly written so the OP would be inclined to improve their threads with more details and factual evidence and such. generally the threads with -100 were the "trade lu for a bag of pucks" trolling posts. mods now lock trolling threads so obviously theyre not concerned about hurting some users stupid feelings.

The entire rating system is a joke, I'd welcome back the minus just because it would irritate a few posters that take it too seriously, but of all the things on a forum, it's hardly a big deal or even an issue at all compared to the constant db errors and server hiccups that allow 500 consecutive posts or eat a post entirely. I haven't been checking every subforum to figure out what the frack is going on with this forum's lack of stability, but in like 9 years of posting I've never seen it this bad.

it is a big deal to serious posters who put time in to their posts and care what others think of their work. i like being up 102 but with no minus whos to say i shouldnt be down 102 cuz in reality a majority of people didnt like my posts...i agree with the servers though lol very true.

the thing is you can write 100 stupid threads and no one ups you so your zero but over the life of your membership here at cdc you acuumulate ups so if i write 1 article that doesnt suck and 100 that do ill still be up...it makes douchebags look good...im not in to that.

How about you stop caring about stupid numbers and just check your feedback? Good posters on ANY forum develop a good reputation because... they're good posters! That stupid number is completely meaningless.

Honestly, are you one of those people who always push for the dislike button on blogs and facebook?

Archived