The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ryan Getzlaf

Worst part is the Ducks can't really afford to move him unless they expect Cogliano to be a 1st line center next year or they go into a full rebuild.

.. Or if they trade him for another center, I guess.

Getzlaf for ....?

Maybe they just hope he can turn it around if the scenery around him changes and will look to move Perry or Ryan for a 2nd line center and get Etem & Holland up there ASAP.

Amazing hockey player when he's on his game. Uses his huge frame well in the offensive zone, has very soft hands and can thread the needle without needing much time and space.

Remember that he always has been a pass first player, but 10 goals for a 'superstar' calibre player is pathetic. It seems as if he only shows up when he wants to and all season he hasn't played like he is capable of. I sense a little bit of an attitude problem with him and he can look downright lazy at times which shouldn't be the case when you wear the C for your team.

I don't know if a change of scenery will recharge his game again, but he needs to start playing the game with the passion and fire he once played with or else he will quickly become labelled as a gifted player who doesnt have the heart or desire to compete anymore. As far as I'm concerned, if the Olympic team was selected today he wouldn't have a spot on the team regardless of how good he played in 2010.

Archived