The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Danny In And Raymond Out

5nothincanucksohno

AV will have to go with the original lines that worked so well for him all this time. But I think he isn't afraid to shake things up if we're not scoring goals. If the top line continues to put up numbers like tonight, I say keep them the way they are and put Danny into the 2nd line when he returns.

No matter how you slice it, the 2nd line needs a prolific playmaker to inject some life - and it's needed with the quickness. Daniel is that playmaker as much as he is the #1 goal scorer. While I don't think anyone would suggest it's smart to keep him and Henrik apart for too long, right now, with the 1st and 3rd lines clicking exactly as they should, it's only smart to put a returning playmaker where he's needed and can do the most good for the team's dynamic. Otherwise you're ignoring the obvious and playing your top 2 guys at the expense of the team, not for the benefit of the team.

Bottom line is that Daniel is required on that 2nd line to light a fire under Kes and Booth. Once the flame is lit he can go back to being part of the psychic twins on line #1, the line that blows us away on the regular. But judging by what's happened since Daniel's injury, just look at what Hank can do on his own. Danny is no different when he plays on his own. They both feed scoring plays like no one else in this league. I said it before. 2 Art Ross winners on 2 separate lines. Holy *uck that's something that teams just don't get access to, yet we have it available as soon as Daniel returns.

Laps and Burr are on fire right now exactly because Hank has his ducks in a row again. It's the same deal with Danny, the dude has stellar playmaking abilities and Kesler desperately needs someone who can honestly help him shed the funk. Booth also. Give Danny to Kes and Booth and watch them both light up the scoreboard the same way Lapierre and Burr is now, then the 1st line can go back to being unreal.

If AV actually does throw Danny on line #2, the positive results will be obvious, mark my words.

In my opinion the playoff lines should be:

Burrows-Henrik-Lappy

Daniel-Kes-Booth

Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen

Ebbett-Malhotra-Kassian

(Sit Raymond)

Edler-Grags

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Ballard-Salo

(If Grags struggles then throw in Tanev)

Lu

Schneids

(Unfortunately, an extremely short leash for Lu)

No matter how you slice it, the 2nd line needs a prolific playmaker to inject some life - and it's needed with the quickness. Daniel is that playmaker as much as he is the #1 goal scorer. While I don't think anyone would suggest it's smart to keep him and Henrik apart for too long, right now, with the 1st and 3rd lines clicking exactly as they should, it's only smart to put a returning playmaker where he's needed and can do the most good for the team's dynamic. Otherwise you're ignoring the obvious and playing your top 2 guys at the expense of the team, not for the benefit of the team.

Bottom line is that Daniel is required on that 2nd line to light a fire under Kes and Booth. Once the flame is lit he can go back to being part of the psychic twins on line #1, the line that blows us away on the regular. But judging by what's happened since Daniel's injury, just look at what Hank can do on his own. Danny is no different when he plays on his own. They both feed scoring plays like no one else in this league. I said it before. 2 Art Ross winners on 2 separate lines. Holy *uck that's something that teams just don't get access to, yet we have it available as soon as Daniel returns.

Laps and Burr are on fire right now exactly because Hank has his ducks in a row again. It's the same deal with Danny, the dude has stellar playmaking abilities and Kesler desperately needs someone who can honestly help him shed the funk. Booth also. Give Danny to Kes and Booth and watch them both light up the scoreboard the same way Lapierre and Burr is now, then the 1st line can go back to being unreal.

If AV actually does throw Danny on line #2, the positive results will be obvious, mark my words.

Archived