The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

When Henrik's On Fire...

uber_pwnzor

...he makes anyone into a top six forward! I mean, even Max Lappiere is playing like a god in the offensive zone!

I don't mean to take anything away from Max, but to be honest I don't think ANYONE on these boards could predict that he'd be this good... He's always been a great fourth line player, (one of the beat in the league), he plays with such emotion, hits and just gets in the face of our opponents. But a scoring threat? No. I never thought I'd concider him that...

The guy had scored 6 goals in 77 games this year on the forth line. Since his promotion he's scored 3 goals in 3 games!

The point I'm trying to make here is that although Lappiere is a great player (because he is, without a doubt) Henrik is an ever better player. It's thanks to him that Lappiere's been scoring like Näslund, when Henrik's on his game, he can turn OK players into great ones, great players into Superstars, Superstars into über-pwnzing-friggen-brutaly-epic-monster-machines-of-death-and-destruction!

Centers like Henrik don't come around often. Soak it up while we can right. We all seen how he can elevate his play when his brother goes down & here he is doing it all over again.

That dipsy doodle play he did to break Saku Koivus ankles was insane. He has been doing that over the last 6 games. Its nuts. Witnessing that was crazy. Not many people can do that in this league and he makes people look silly. All this in front of the Great One too, that was nice.

Hendrick is the Sedin. Hendrick seems to play so much stronger without Daniel.

Yes the Sedins play so well together but could be even more deadly playing on two seperate lines.

You' reunite them every PP obviously but imagine if it works how hard the Canucks would be to defend.

The only question is can Daniel play without his brother?

Booth Hendrick Burrows

Daniel Kesler Raymond

With a hot third line as well it could be really hard to stop the first two lines although if Lappiere keep it up Booth would be on the second line. Hendrick could get Booth going again.Then again Lappiere could be the sandpaper on the Second line if Booth works on the first.

Should be no problem for AV this year it seems like almost everyone is capable moving up and down and all around the line up this year.

Yes the Sedins play so well together but could be even more deadly playing on two seperate lines.

You' reunite them every PP obviously but imagine if it works how hard the Canucks would be to defend.

Booth Hendrick Burrows

Daniel Kesler Raymond

With a hot third line as well it could be really hard to stop the first two lines although if Lappiere keep it up Booth would be on the second line. Hendrick could get Booth going again.Then again Lappiere could be the sandpaper on the Second line if Booth works on the first.

Should be no problem for AV this year it seems like almost everyone is capable moving up and down and all around the line up this year.

I think Lapierre brings a lot of what Burrows brings. He's a gritty in your face players that isn't afraid to go the dirty areas. When Burrows broke into this league he did it in the same role as Lapierre is playing now and his career didn't really take off untill he was put with the Sedins. Lapierre could be in the next Burrows if he continues on his current tear.

I think Lapierre brings a lot of what Burrows brings. He's a gritty in your face players that isn't afraid to go the dirty areas. When Burrows broke into this league he did it in the same role as Lapierre is playing now and his career didn't really take off untill he was put with the Sedins. Lapierre could be in the next Burrows if he continues on his current tear.

It looks to me like the other always wants to show what they can do on their own. Not because they want to be apart, but because they get so few chances to do it. Obviously moreso on Dank's behalf because Hank is a Swedish zombie who refuses to die. But even in the All Star Game last year you could tell they were excited to play apart. Hopefully that is not the case in a week and a half.

Booth Hendrick Burrows

Daniel Kesler Raymond

Archived