The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Av Not Considered For Jack Adams?

bass19

Jack Adams Award Candidates  

168 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

After looking at this article on NHL.com, there is no mention of AV at all?

http://www.nhl.com/i...avid=nhl-search

Hitchcock is considered the favourite, and yes he has done amazing things but if AV and the Nucks get a second presidents' trophy, does that not count towards anything (even without, he has coached well enough to be mentioned)?? Trotz gets a mention for getting his club 40 wins or more in 7 straight seasons. I didn't bother looking but I'm sure AV is up there as well in that category and a number of other coaches would be as well.

Thoughts??

I chose Tortorella for getting NY to the top of the league, but my vote would chnage to AV by the end of the week if we won a second Presidents' trophy in a row.

To be completely honest, the turnaround experienced by St. Louis after Hitch's arrival...makes this his award to lose.

I like AV, I like Babcock, Bylsma etc....but this year it has to go to St. Louis.

I wouldn't be terribly mad if Maclean won either

Guest The Brown Burrows

He is a good coach and a good team, he hasn't exceeded expectations.

Ex. Babcock, Bylsma

To win this award a coach needs to simply exceed expectations.

My 3 nominees: Hitchcock, MacLean, Dineen

* Bold , my prediction

Hon. Mentions: Tortorella, Tippett, Trotz

After looking at this article on NHL.com, there is no mention of AV at all?

http://www.nhl.com/i...avid=nhl-search

Hitchcock is considered the favourite, and yes he has done amazing things but if AV and the Nucks get a second presidents' trophy, does that not count towards anything (even without, he has coached well enough to be mentioned)?? Trotz gets a mention for getting his club 40 wins or more in 7 straight seasons. I didn't bother looking but I'm sure AV is up there as well in that category and a number of other coaches would be as well.

Thoughts??

I chose Tortorella for getting NY to the top of the league, but my vote would chnage to AV by the end of the week if we won a second Presidents' trophy in a row.

Let's see. going from an 11th place finish to contender for Presidents Trophy, compared to going from President's Trophy and Cup finalist to contender for President's Trophy and Cup contender.

Which one is clearly exceeding expectations?

Anyone who doesn't give AV some credit for our success this season is an idiot.

Everything was stacked against us this season to have an average season. With a short summer, and alot of disheartened players on this team, AV managed to keep them focused, and has helped put them in a position to win 1st in the league for a second straight season.

There are coaches who are more deserving this season, but don't discredit what AV has done with this team. Just because we finished first last season, doesn't mean we didn't have a huge mountain to climb again this season.

Archived