The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Dirtiest Cheapshot Of The Season?

needtogetswole

It was a close call, but I went with Stewart driving Kronwall into the boards.

I looked at Keith's and Bourque's elbows as pretty much the same level. They are both dangerous, concussion causing attacks.

However, watching Stewart's hit, I think that was so much more dangerous. There was no way Kronwall could defend himself and the way Stewart pushed him into the boards, he could have broken his neck. And it wasn't one of those 'he turned at the last second' things. Stewart followed him to the boards from the center of the ice.

I voted for Marchand. I seriously can't say how I really feel about this rat without getting my posts deleted or something. Somebody serious needs to beat the living sh$# of this little weasel and put him in his place. He's only just started his career and yet he seems to think he can take liberties with opposing teams stars and get away with it. Suit me up AV, I'm ready to go, if no one else will, send me in!

I hope we are all fit and ready to do "what's required" come the playoffs. The ONLY retaliation that's justified is INSTANT.

The nearest Canuck has to knock the stuffing out of any cheap shot artist.........unless the nearest Canuck is Daniel or Hank or Ebby, or MR.

I kind of feel like a homer on these, because I really think Keith's and Marchand's are the worst.

Carcillo's and Stewart's looked the most dangerous, but it's fairly obvious that Keith's and Marchand's were premeditated. All of the other hits could be construed as a momentary lapse of reason, or a hockey play gone wrong, but those two were a clear case of players trying to injure another player, making them the "dirtiest", IMO.

Archived