The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Thank You To The Canucks

Laszlo78

As we get ready to end the season tomorrow today, first or second in the NHL and start the torturous climb back to hockey in June, I wanted to take a moment and say thank you to the team. We have been on the most amazing journey over the last few years to becoming an elite team. While we may examine every nuance of anything Canuck it is only because we too have invested our hearts, minds and free time to support and love this team. With this great passion and zeal we may not recognize the greatness of all things accomplished on the journey to play for that amazingly shiny trophy again.

Speaking for me and my family, thank you for the amazing highs and the lowest lows (see game 7 final round 2011) of the past few years, and I can only believe that the impact of this journey and years run was felt by the players, coaching staff, trainers, hockey operations and everyone of us who follow this team in some major way.

Win or lose, I say thank you for a team that plays with heart and passion, skill and speed, coached by an amazing core of coaches who are probably the best this team has ever had, a stable ownership group who are fans as well as shrewd businessmen, a gm and hockey ops who are in the top tier in the league, and all the staff and amazing volunteers who work for the Canucks.

Finally thank you for the fans of this city, personally from growing up with "the page" to the growth in all reaches in our community, I honestly think we are some of the best fans in the league.

So thank you Vancouver, and to all things Canuck, I think I am finally ready to take my heart and tie it back to a white towel night after night through what or whoever lies ahead.

With much respect, Go Canucks Go.

At the end of the day, cup or no cup, we are spoiled with this team. Having players take less money to stay with us. Having two number one goalies. Having the best brother combo in the history of hockey, who are soooooooo good that I could score 20 goals in a season with. It only a few days till beard time. Lets hope mine gets as scruffy as last year. Go Nucks Go!!

Thank you Laszlo78.. There has been a lot of criticism and negative press lately for our Canucks so your post is rather refreshing and heartfelt. I am looking forward to the coming playoff run, but know that anything can happen. I too would like to thank the team and organization for this year and all the best in the playoffs. :towel:

At the end of the day, cup or no cup, we are spoiled with this team. Having players take less money to stay with us. Having two number one goalies. Having the best brother combo in the history of hockey, who are soooooooo good that I could score 20 goals in a season with. It only a few days till beard time. Lets hope mine gets as scruffy as last year. Go Nucks Go!!

right on brother , this team has given us a fantastic ride the last couple of seasons , and what i really like is the way they play the game , the focus being on the on the skillfull part of the game , though they can play hard and physical if they have to but they do not cheapshot players on opposing teams .here'e hopeing for a long playoff run

A heartfelt thanks- for a most deserving team. What other city can take pride in the depth of charity their team provides for the community? And the most amazing hockey? I love my team! thanks for giving us something to hold onto, to cheer for and to unite vancouver. You ARE champions!!!!!!!!!!

Archived