The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tortorella Fined $20,000 By Nhl For His Comments ; Comments/videos

Guest The Brown Burrows

Guest The Brown Burrows

http://www.nhl.com/i...s.htm?id=626336

NEW YORK -- New York Rangers head coach John Tortorella has been fined $20,000 for comments following NHL Game #1204 at Pittsburgh on Thursday, April 5, the National Hockey League announced today.

The fine money goes to the NHL Foundation.

Torts should just jump on the ice in gear and then hit Crosby with his stick. I mean what is the league going to do? He's a player then! All he will get is $2,500 fines!

I'm sick of this sort of crap, the millionaires who are playing a GAME get fined the equivalent of me being a fined a Subway sub and Torts gets fined that much for calling out a player? This is sickening.

Torts should just jump on the ice in gear and then hit Crosby with his stick. I mean what is the league going to do? He's a player then! All he will get is $2,500 fines!

I'm sick of this sort of crap, the millionaires who are playing a GAME get fined the equivalent of me being a fined a Subway sub and Torts gets fined that much for calling out a player? This is sickening.

"That's one of the most arrogant organizations in sports," Tortorella said. "They whine about this stuff all the time. It's ridiculous. But they'll whine about something else over there, won't they? Starting with their two ... stars."

He's fined $20,000 for calling Crosby and Malkin "stars".....for 20,000 he should have used his more colorful slang terms ;)

LOL at the NHL :picard: they sure have there priorities straight

Coaches are fined $20,000 for speaking their minds but players are penalized with a hefty $2,500 fine :rolleyes: and 1 or game suspensions for taking people's heads off

Where was the $20,000 fine to the Bruins players like Recchi, Lucic, Thornton etc. ?? I guess when it is about Vancouver getting bad press, it doesn't matter but when it comes to the Golden boy and the Pens organization, its a whole different issue. It is all politics it seems, and the NHL just seems to have some teams as untouchables. I just lose interest in NHL day by day from their stupid constant rule changes, to crappy refs and special treatment some teams get. If it wasn't a league where the best hockey players played, I would never tune into NHL. They are lucky that their is no superior league competing with them. Kind of sad to have NHL as the best hockey league.

Yes the new "Mangaged "Instead of previous reffed Nhl in order to make Every Nhl Team competetive and make owners money with giving each fan hope, will fine You big time for Exposing how they Really are Only one rung above the WWF on how outcomes are determined.

Apparently the Owners have All agreed this is what they want and have given Bettman the okay with this

The Nhl and its integrity and sport is now a shadow of itself, is becoming less entertaining and more predictable what to expect

I wonder if I will be fined myself now?

Archived