The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Tortorella Fined $20,000 By Nhl For His Comments ; Comments/videos

Guest The Brown Burrows

There have been tons of cases just this season where players or coaches have trash talked and didn't recieve any fine or disciplinary reaction. Just a few examples off the top of my head: Miller calling Lucic a piece of s***, the war of words between the Canucks and the Bruins, or Bolland calling the Sedins "sisters", or AV insulting Bolland's IQ. Mark Recchi called us whiney. He also called us arrogant, just like Torts. He didn't get a fine. Trash talk is part of hockey.

I have to think that this fine is all about reputation. Tortorella (a coach known for trash talk and making similar comments to the media) insults Sidney Crosby (the NHL's golden boy). Combine the two together and you get a $20,000 fine.

I totally agree with Torts comments. Orpik targeted one of NY's best players. If that would to happen to Crosby or Malkin some serious suspensions would follow. Penguins get away with everything and then the whine about everything that doesn't get called. Good on Torts

I totally agree with Torts comments. Orpik targeted one of NY's best players. If that would to happen to Crosby or Malkin some serious suspensions would follow. Penguins get away with everything and then the whine about everything that doesn't get called. Good on Torts

Archived