The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kassian's Role?

Tangerines

Anybody feel that Kassian should be in the lineup for game one, and play in this years playoffs regularly? He's shown us glimpses at times of what we would expect him to do in order to help this team succeed now and in the future, but then again he hasn't been that consistent either. Maybe AV has instructed Kass to save himself for the playoffs? What will his role be? Will he play the same minutes as Cody did last year, or more, provided he does play? I love this Kid and I think he's going to be a force for us in the future, but would it be wiser to have someone else take his position for this years run? I know those are a lot of questions, but just interested in your thoughts please, ty..

To make a side-comment, it's ironic that Cody moved somewhere he "gets more playing time" just to get less because his season's only got one game left now. (Not re-opening the can of worms over whether he asked for a trade or not...just a fact)

I think kass is the type of player that would get to another level in the playoffs like lappy. Can't wait for him to be physical like the first few games he played for us. Probably didnt have much reason to hit as much since then because we havent had a big game since we got him. But come playoffs I think he will get the crowd jacked and then he will get more intense and hit more. Cant wait!

Kassian > Coho in the playoffs. This is exactly why we got him. In the playoffs, where physicality gets turned up 10 notches, is where Kassian is gonna shine and Coho is gonna be not as effective.

Just wait and see how beastly players like Higgins, Hansen, Lapierre, etc. will be next week.

I think that if Raymond continues to struggle, which he probably will, I say use Zack as a top 6 forward, on Kesler's line. That way Bitz can play the 4th.

Booth-H. Sedin-Burrows

D. Sedin-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen

Malhotra-Lapierre-Bitz

Until Raymond can produce top 6, he can't crack our lineup.

I think Zack and Bitz on the fourth line with Lapierre would be way too much to handle for opposing teams:

Booth - Henrik - Burrows

Daniel - Kesler - Higgins

Malhotra - Pahlsson - Hansen

Bitz - Lapierre - Kassian

Raymond/Reinprecht/Weise

he'll play more than cody did simply because he brings a dimension that cody didnt, and that ohers on the team dont bring, he is also far more defensivly aware and stronger on the puck which are important assets in playoff hockey

I think that if Raymond continues to struggle, which he probably will, I say use Zack as a top 6 forward, on Kesler's line. That way Bitz can play the 4th.

Booth-H. Sedin-Burrows

D. Sedin-Kesler-Kassian

Higgins-Pahlsson-Hansen

Malhotra-Lapierre-Bitz

Until Raymond can produce top 6, he can't crack our lineup.

I think Kassian is going to be a usefull player in the playoffs..I remember when Dustin Byfuglien did squat for the Hawks during the regular season,but he sure was a massive factor in the playoffs.

The playoffs always bring out an extra gear in most players...even just the fact he fits in bottom six,or top six in the lineup ,makes him useful.

to be honest I think we have players which we can use more than kassian --> Bitz>Weise>Ebbbet>Reinprecht>Kassian. I like the unquestionable potential that Kass shows but for this year's run I think it would be better to use a more established and developed player. for example Weise at least brings momentum shifting hits to the table, and he's somewhat responsible in the defensive zone, and he's not horrible for a fourth liner when he's handling the puck. Kassian is missing his target most of the times he's trying to hit.

Kassian may get a few games for the experience, but I have a feeling management may have decided Kassian isn't quite ready for playoff intensity. Assuming Daniel is back, I'd like to see:

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Higgins Kesler Booth

Hansen Pahlsson Reinprecht

Lapierre Malhotra Bitz/Ebbett/Weise/Kassian

To make a side-comment, it's ironic that Cody moved somewhere he "gets more playing time" just to get less because his season's only got one game left now. (Not re-opening the can of worms over whether he asked for a trade or not...just a fact)

Let's face it. Pahlson was brought in to be the impact, icing on the cake, ace in the hole, playoff contributor in which Hodgeson was no longer necessary. Kassian was brought in as a big hitter, big body, power forward that the nucks could use. He's a pretty safe pick up cause if he works out then MG looks like a god but if not you haven't given up a young prospect like Cody for a rental player. I think if he can show some consistency in the hitting and not be a defensive liability he might play 4th line minutes at best or a depth player depending on who they play. If not I see Bitz, Weiss, Reinprecht or Ducco filling that role. At the end of the day he's 21? 1st time NHL playoff debut.....Good young prospect but from what I've seen vs the depth of the team. THIS IS FOR ALL THE MARBLES NOW!! So stoked for the playoffs. Go Canuncks Go!!

Archived