The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Mvp This Year?

Hamhuis2

2011-2012 Vancouver Canucks  

176 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

MVP by far is Hammer in my books (highly underrated and plays against the top pairings all the time)

Disappointment - Mason Raymond (injury hampered him, but I thought he would have been a bit better down the stretch).

For those who are saying Kes..come on! Sure he hasn't scored much and isn't playing great now, but this guy does it all. Kills penalties, pp, battles in front, wins draws. I do think tho that maybe last year went to his head a bit...and he may have had some outside distractions this year too...

Higgins is our team MVP. Henrik and Daniel have been below a point-a-game, Kesler is on pace for just 50 points and we only have 1 30-goal scorer on the team, so our stars are clearly not the ones carrying this team offensively.

Higgins has been our best forward all season long IMO, if he was on our top line he'd be scoring at a 30-goal, 60+ point pace easily if it weren't for those injuries either. When he's in the lineup he's consistently producing and he is the one carrying whichever line he's on right now.

Initially I thought he just gelled well with Kesler and Booth, but since being taken off that line and put onto the 3rd the American duo has struggled mightily which tells alot considering they're both great players, but still require Higgins to produce. Instead, Pahlsson and Hansen have been unreal so far with Higgins.

Up front, Henrik is playing well now but Higgins is still our MVP.

On defence, Hamhuis is our run-away MVP. Almost 0.5 PPG and a miraculous +/-, plus he's facing better opposition than Edler.

In net Luongo is our MVP, as great as Schneider has been Luongo's still playing more games and the team always plays terribly in front of him.

All-MVP Line-up (too tough to just pick one!)

Burrows (team leader in GWG with 7!) - Hank (play making beast) - Higgins (all-round Mr. Consistency)

Hammer (+37, strong two-way guy, more well-rounded than Bieksa) - Edler (rising star, could reach 50 points tomorrow)

Schneider (even better GAA (under 2!) and SV% (.937) than Lu, with 20 W in only 33 starts)

Honorable Mentions/ Taxi Squad: Lu, Danny, Bieksa

H...S should definitely be our MVP!!!

Whether that is Henrik Sedin, Higgins or Hansen I am not sure...

Henrik is ultra skilled and if you emphasize points like the NHL MVP it would be the Ironman himself.

Higgins is the star.. I mean straw... That stirs the drink for the Canucks. Incredibly hardworking and underrated around theeague, every line he is on succeeds. It is no coincidence that our best line, the third one, is our best. Neither is the fact that the first line we have had worthy of a name since the WCE has him on it!

Hamhuis is by far our best defensemen and without him (like Letang in Pitt) our D is lost and crumbles.

I had to say Higgins has been the most consistent and energetic forward this season for us. He really pushed the team when we needed it.

He only narrowly beats Henrik (captain, who along with his brother pulled the team when it was struggling early in the season) and Hamhuis who has been brilliant all season.

Disapoinment would be Kesler. But that's saying something about our team, when my biggest disapointment is a player who is still playing at the level Kesler is. He does it all, he has just struggled to score this year, and that is why I chose him.

Higgins has been a great surprise and a very hard and consistent worker, and a leader on this team in terms of bringing it every game...

But all you people picking him as the Team MVP are seriously insane.

There is a "hard hat award" or "heart and soul" award or something for what Chris Higgins brings to the team.

Chris Higgins is like, say, Jim Peplinski on the 89 Flames. Important? Absolutely. MVP? No, that goes to someone like MacInnis / Vernon / Nieuwendyk...

Or Brian Skrudland on the old Canadiens, or Charlie Huddy on the old Oilers... You get the idea...

MVP is definately the goaltending tandem: both Lu and Schenieds > not sure where the team would be in the standing without their performances. They held the team up many nights.

And MVP runner ups: Hamhuis, Burrows and Higgins (but missed too many games)

Dissapointment: Booth (I guess I was expecting more from him), Raymond (can't even stand watching him anymore), Malholtra (eye injury doesn't help) and definately Kesler (but again he does it all on the ice except this year his point production was way below par)

Best surprise & exciting to watch on the team: Lapierre has been fun to watch this year and especially lately with Henrik & Burr !

GO :canucks: GO .... Be Proud .... Be Loud :emot-parrot: :emot-parrot::emot-parrot:

I had to chose Cory Schneider as MVP, as he's consistently the best player on the team. Even Hank went through a 8 game spam were he only had 1 point. So thats why Schneider gets my vote.

MDP, Manny Malhotra. He was terrible this year.

Archived