The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Play-Off Positions?

Caledonian Canuck

As the final day of the season dawns, it is quite remarkable that not one single position in the Western Conference is tied down.

Although we know which eight teams will contest the Playoffs in the West, here is how it will shape up at the end of tonight:

Vancouver   - 1st or 2nd.

St. Louis   - 1st or 2nd.

Phoenix     - 3rd or 7th.

Nashville   - 4th or 5th.

Detroit     - 4th, 5th or 6th.

Chicago     - 5th or 6th.

Los Angeles - 3rd, 7th or 8th.

San Jose    - 3rd, 7th or 8th.

That is some range of permutations for the first round - the only two certainties, as far as we are concerned; are that we will finish either first or second, and we will play either Phoenix, Los Angeles or San Jose in the first round.

There are no easy first round opponents - if we go in with the right attitude and we are fit and healthy, we can beat any of these seven other teams over a best of seven game series.

BRING IT ON!

Guest BuckFoston

Paging Captain Obvious! I am not sure what exactly I was supposed to gain from reading this post aside from anything you can already see by clicking on the conference standings link on the main page. And if you haven't lived under a rock for the past week, of course.

San Jose plays LA so if Phoenix and SJ win, SJ will be 7th, LA 8th, and PHX 3rd.

Should STL win, and Vancouver lose, STL would take top in the West due to a higher ROW. Vancouver must either Win or get 1 point in a OTL.

Correct me if I'm wrong but haven't we won the West now...even if we lose and the Blues win their last game we'd still be top....

Guest BuckFoston

The one thing about your post which is obvious, is where your loyalties will lie if the Canucks make it through to the SCF and play the Rangers.

I actually like the way the standings are now.

Vancouver vs. San Jose- we've had success against them this season

St. Louis vs. L.A. - the Kings have actually given the Blues quite some trouble (1-2-1 against L.A) plus a very physical series

Phoenix vs. Chicago - likewise the Coyotes have given the Hawks some trouble (1-2-1 again)

Nashville vs. Detroit - whoever wins this series comes out pretty banged up

But of course, while it may look good like this - the playoffs are completely different; regular season wins against a team don't say all that much. Oh well, let the chips fall where they may.

We've struggled against defensive teams this season. That's why I don't want to face Phoenix. We may not get physically beat up, but we might not win that series. At least LA and San Jose as physically demanding it might be, we've beat them in the past.

There's no easy rounds in the playoffs.

Paging Captain Obvious! I am not sure what exactly I was supposed to gain from reading this post aside from anything you can already see by clicking on the conference standings link on the main page. And if you haven't lived under a rock for the past week, of course.

I actually like the way the standings are now.

Vancouver vs. San Jose- we've had success against them this season

St. Louis vs. L.A. - the Kings have actually given the Blues quite some trouble (1-2-1 against L.A) plus a very physical series

Phoenix vs. Chicago - likewise the Coyotes have given the Hawks some trouble (1-2-1 again)

Nashville vs. Detroit - whoever wins this series comes out pretty banged up

But of course, while it may look good like this - the playoffs are completely different; regular season wins against a team don't say all that much. Oh well, let the chips fall where they may.

Guest BuckFoston

Agreed, Hammer88.

Do you ever respond to a post in a non-sardonic manner? Every post I've read from you has a negative, smarmy tone.

It is a public forum, so, respond in any manner you choose, but, you won't make many friends here.

:towel::canucks:

Archived