The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks 2011/2012 Playoff Pump Up Video

Canucksforever123

Great vid! Don't mean to hijack your thread OP but I made my first vid not too long ago also (although I'm not sure if it primarily qualifies as "canucks talk") so I thought I'd post it here instead of a new thread...I used windows movie maker (like I said, never tried anything like this before) so it's pretty basic, but let me know what you think:

Great vid! Don't mean to hijack your thread OP but I made my first vid not too long ago also (although I'm not sure if it primarily qualifies as "canucks talk") so I thought I'd post it here instead of a new thread...I used windows movie maker (like I said, never tried anything like this before) so it's pretty basic, but let me know what you think:

Guest BuckFoston

I hope HNIC will do some badass videos for the playoffs this year. Last year was so great, it's about the only thing they manage to do really well. Their Van/Boston reels were the best.

There were so many great videos made last year that the bar has been set pretty high. Sorry, but this video doesn't quite cut it. Not bad for your first time though.

A couple of tips:

- Put some thought into editing. Right now it feels like you just used whatever clips you saw

- Try and tell some kind of story (for example, last year it was all about redemption from the previous year's upset)

- Pace. You need it. Changing the pace to create a 'mood' will keep people interested

I know I sound like a wannabe Scorcese or something, but it's so easy to make videos nowadays, that it feels like there's little thought being put into it. I'm not saying give up. But if people keep putting up videos that are just 'ok' it kind of spoils it for the guys that actually put thought, time, and effort into their work.

Archived