The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ron Maclean At It Again!

MJDDawg

Vancouver just went on a massive win streak, without their leading goal scorer and 2 of their top 6 D, to potentially (knock on wood) win the Presidents trophy. The win streak was commensurate with a series of clever moves & adjustments by the coach. It would be their second straight Presidents cup, and would be accomplished despite rather ordinary play by the Canucks 3 best forwards this year (Sedins/Kesler). This is solid evidence that the coach has been responsible for helping manufacture the wins.

There would have to be some brutal coaching decisions that cost the team the series to fire the coach. It aint going to happen.

Thats what it is; the balance is just MaClean's back handed way of stating the respect he has for AV, which would never be said publically. Its a compliment!

:bigblush:

Shocking I know, but during the hot stove discussion tonight on potential coaching candidates in places like Montreal, the panel is discussing hot candidates when Ron just can't help himself stirring it up in Canuck nation when out of the blue he states that AV could be available if the Canucks don't have a long run, and that he'd personally like to see AV get another kick at the can in Montreal.

Maybe AV is on thin ice if we get eliminated in the first round, but that's not the point. I'm sorry, but how can you have your national broadcaster openly musing about having our teams' current coach go coach another team?

Your tax dollars hard at work. Just wow!

When Americans are proud; of Themselves its called Patriotism

Yet Transplanted Canadians always state where they are from,rather than say they are Canadians (with perhaps stating ? heritage) like an American would

Cherry is a Proud Canadian Patriot and of His Countries Servants who fought for Canada

He is just more outspoken about it than most Canadians I believe

Why would what he said make anyone angry?

- He never said he thought AV should be fired and then go to MTL.

- He never said AV was a bad coach.

- He did say he wouldn't mind seeing him in MTL, but that's more of a compliment than anything.

- It was one small remark immediately before a commercial break; little to no discussion on the subject. Just one quick note.

- It doesn't matter what Ron thinks anyways.

At this point, I think you're just looking for a reason to talk about how much Canucks fans should hate him, when currently there are none. Just focus on supporting the team instead criticizing one broadcaster's opinion.

For the record, I think AV would fit in Montréal. Would I like to see him there? Sure, if Gillis wants to go in another direction anyway. Do I want him gone? No. I feel he can bring us the cup. It's a pretty neutral subject.

Shocking I know, but during the hot stove discussion tonight on potential coaching candidates in places like Montreal, the panel is discussing hot candidates when Ron just can't help himself stirring it up in Canuck nation when out of the blue he states that AV could be available if the Canucks don't have a long run, and that he'd personally like to see AV get another kick at the can in Montreal.

Maybe AV is on thin ice if we get eliminated in the first round, but that's not the point. I'm sorry, but how can you have your national broadcaster openly musing about having our teams' current coach go coach another team?

Your tax dollars hard at work. Just wow!

Archived