The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Official: Canucks Vs. Kings Round 1 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs

cmpunk

Who will win the series?  

393 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

You give LA too much credit. I'm sure they have some people who can help their team, but the Canucks are stronger than you think. Look at the key games this year: Boston we beat them in Boston (with a successful PP), Wings in Detroit to end the home winning streak (IN A SHOOTOUT!!), St. Louis when they were on a hot streak (we beat them at their own system!!!) and we also shut out the Kings in the final game of the year. The Canucks went on a 8-1-1 ride to end the season with a couple of shut outs to boot! This team is on the war path and is going to take no prisoners. The other teams aren't crap, they just don't have the fight that Canucks are going to bring.

We have been line shuffling like crazy and I think AV has a good idea of who to play against who. I think our PP will be resuscitated come opening night. I kind of get the feeling it has been limping to throw off the competition. We have a 4 line team that can score, along with a blue line willing to pinch in to keep the play going. The Kings will be outplayed. This is the play offs and I fully expect everyone to doing whatever they can to win. But hits and saves don't win you games. Quick can make 40 saves but let in 1 more goal than we do and that's all it takes. I was worried about the boys until the final 10 games where they came alive. I'm excited! Even though I will be up when the sun rises to watch the game and my girlfriend is going to nag at me for doing so. I guess you guys will be drinking beer and I will be drinking coffee. But I will be wearing my jersey and Canucks gear as much as possible.

I saw we take it in 5. Canucks Nation will be in LA supporting the boys. I saw someone posting earlier with a 7 game home advantage, my thoughts exactly. (someone misunderstood him)

There's one thing I don't like about this series... the schedule.

2012round1.jpg

2 days off after game 3 is one thing, but then 3 days off between 4 and 5? I'm going to be going through some serious Canuck hockey withdrawal there.

Don't take the Kings lightly. They got a Vezina contending goalie in Quick and their top 6 although almost invisible this regular season, they are fully capable of lighting the lamp up. All they need is a little bit of a spark, it's the playoffs: anything can happen.

Oh, I know it's a little far ahead, but I just realized how we may end up playing Chicago again in the second round. Man, this Vancouver-Chicago rivalry is very reminiscent of the intensity of the Colorado-Detroit rivalry (same divisions involved too) of the late 90s/early 2000s.

The kings can't score. Bonus.

They are tough to score on though. This sucks.

It is unfortunately going to be a bit of a repeat of the Nashville series from last year. Blah hockey until somebody finds a way to score. Canucks will be forced to play more defensively and switch to offense when it won't hurt them. It will not be pretty to watch.

Canucks will win series. Not a doubt on this. I will say 5 is possible but it might take 6.

What I hope to see from the Canucks in this playoff round. Too simple. Wake up. Show me the team that made it to the final last year. The way this team has been playing for sometime now is way below the way they can play. I want to see them ramp it up, but play smart too. We need to find that A game if we are going to return to the SCF. We really need to find if we want a chance of winning it.

Best series in first round.

East. Pittsburgh/Philly

West. Detroit/nashville

Worst for entertainment value. I will pick Florida/New Jersey as the series I least want to watch in the first round. And I will watch as much of the playoffs as I can. I do every year.

Archived