The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kings-Canucks Individual Player Breakdown

DownUndaCanuck

Williams > Ebbett means that Williams is better than Ebbett guys, common.

And just based on the regular season, Quick is by far the better goalie of the two.

Quick has 35 wins, Luongo has 31.

Quick has an 0.929 save %, Luongo has an 0.919 save %

Quick has a rediculous 1.95 GAA, Luongo has a 2.41 GAA

Quick has 10 shutouts, Luongo has 5 shutouts.

What's most impressive is the fact that the Kings have scored the 2nd least goals in the NHL and are still somehow making the playoffs. Most of Quick's wins have been earned by him carrying the team on very little firepower, as opposed to Luongo who has been bailed out by his forwards on a few occasions.

The only difference-maker is games played and playoff performance. Luongo is far more clutch than Quick, and Quick has played 68 regular season games - 13 more than Luongo, so fatigue will definately become an issue if this series goes the distance. However fatigue and "clutch performances" can't be measured, so based on what can be statistically compared, Quick is the better goalie.

Well, as far as consistency and mental ability etc, Quick is a lot better than Luongo for sure. CS, on the other hand, is a much closer match with Quick, it is just too bad Luongo is our starter instead of CS. If CS is our starter, I don't think the Kings will have any advantage on us in terms of the goalie position..

Stop being homers. Quick is obviously having a way better season than luongo by far. Quick singlehandedly led the Kings to the 8th spot/playoffs this year, not to mention he leads the NHL with 10 shutouts, and has lost 4 or 5 (I don't rememebr haha) 1-0 games.

So yeah if you want to look at past seasons you could say Luongo is better, but this season Quick is by far the superior goalie, and in my opinion the best in the NHL. So yeah not that close :P

Canucks fans need to start giving credit to opposing players and when its due, instead of just bashing them, it's one of the reasons why we're so hated. Our IGNORANT fans

Quick will run out of gas and like Luongo when we over played him, Quick will be easier to play against in the playoffs. Luongo is rested and ready to go. In a playoff duel in OT I would bet on Luongo over Quick.

If Kesler starts crashing the net and Booth keeps driving also Quicks weakness will be exposed. If LA didn't ride Quick I think it would be closer, Quicks playoff numbers also speak for themselves.

Quick is having a better season than Lu but that's not to say that he's a better goaltender. Luongo is more experienced and just like Quick, he CAN steal games. Amazing that people forget that.

If Pahlsson's line can shut down Kopitar's, I like our odds. We have to grind their top lines and I'm confident that our bottom 6 can do that. This team has to stay disciplined and stay away from the penalty box. Stay physical and don't give up too many chances.

so eer is Mike Richard going to get any games suspension for the check from behind major on Couture?? it was a cheap shot with the intent to injured imo.. i know it's the last game of the regular season and stuff... but If Torres can get 4 games last year... 2 for regular season 2 for playoff.. shouldn't Richard get at least a game or 2?

Comparisons are pretty subjective. IMHO the key in this series will be whether Van can up their game a notch and bring some consistant physicality into their game. They are deeper than LA and a physical game should benefit them more than LA. When you have Van's team speed combined with physical play it can be very intimidating.

While I always fret about Van's d-zone coverage it can be mitigated by strong goaltending and a foreward group backchecking. For those thnking Quick will wilt I doubt that. Van's key in this series should be neutralizing the LA d-core by lots of hitting. Many here felt that MG didn't resign Willie because of his concussion. I am sure that played a part but I would suggest that he had lost a step. Outside speed can beat Willie. Let's see if I am right.

Archived