The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Los Angeles Kings Fans Perspective

vcaz2011

The Kings have fans?

I thought they did a 2 for 1 deal on Lakers tickets.

Apparently they will be finished a Laker game only 4 hours before the start of game 3. Gotta love multi purpose arenas and soft ice. :sadno:

I just took a look at their boards. Seems like everyone was hoping to play STL instead, or pretty much anyone but VAN. They're sounding pretty pessimistic over there with the majority saying VAN in 5.

I believe we will beat LA, but I will refrain from making any predictions at the moment. This team might give us some trouble, they have goaltending and defense much like STL, but they don't have comparable scoring depth to STL.

upside of a low scoring playoff series is it forces us to adjust to the tight checking 'dontgiveaninch' playoff style hockey that we'll have to play for the next 3 rounds. gives us a chance to find our playoff legs cuz we know that its an entirely new beast.

I read through some of the threads over at their forum and i was shocked at how much flack Quick was getting!!! I mean he's got a good shot at winning the Vezina and was easily their MVP this year but some people are still crapping (censored) on him... WOW...

Honestly, that makes me feel abit better about our fans' treatment of Louie...

Personally I think it's a bit of a blessing to get the Kings - especially if Daniel is not back right away. Canucks have been playing a lot of low scoring games the past while so they are used to a lack of scoring. Going to definitely be a long rough series, LA will more than likely engage in Boston Goon tactics like they did during a game in the regular season - however I think we have the players willing to engage them if they try to go that route.

As for Quick and LA fans - kinda sad if they are roasting him (does remind me of a lot of Canuck fans with Luo) as it wasn't his fault Boyle walked around the LA Dmen to score. The key to the play is he roofed the puck - something the Canucks need to start doing more often as so many of the goalies these days take away the lower part of the net with their butterfly style.

Come on now though - could be worse - we could be facing Nashville lol.

On another note nice to see some of the TSN pundits already giving the series to LA based solely on Quick being in net. I think Luo is his equal between the pipes and if he falters Corey is also equal to the task.

Archived