The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nhl.com's Most Important Player Of The Playoffs

mbal23

today, the guys on nhl.com were asked who they thought was the most important player of the playoffs and one said Cory Schneider and his reasons were If you dont see him the canucks are on a roll, if you do he's going to have a lot of pressure on him. The same guy said canucks beat the devils for the cup. what do you think is his thought correct/reasonable.

ya i don't think that luo will be in for any more 7-1 games... i think he will be on a very short lease.. and if they see 3 weak goals go in he will get the hook. and Schneider will be in...and they will run with the hot goalie..

you are talking about paul maurice. he was the coach of carolina hurricane for anyone who is wondering. and with all due respect, all nhl.com picks canucks in the stanley cup final, however loose to pittsburgh. and in my opinion, i don't think canucks will loose to pittsburgh, i think they are a different dimension team and i think our team would match up well.

New Jersey Devils. Won 3 Stanley cups, home of one of the best goaltenders to ever play the game, and the team that introduced "the trap" and popularized defence-first hockey among NHL coaches and pre-cap small market teams who couldn't afford huge name stars.

St. Louis, LA, Minnessota, Nashville, Phoenix, Dallas, NY Rangers, Florida, Montreal, Columbus, Boston, and pre-2009 Ottawa all utilize systems similar to the one used by the Jacques Lemaire Devils to win their first cup.

Also the team that inadvertently led to the leagues adoption of the trapezoid behind the net and legal two-line passes.

Don't count them out. They are an incredibly dangerous team. Also both 6th seed teams in each conference have the benefit of being matched with teams that rank 7th or less but hold 3rd merely because of our seeding system.

I think Maurice has it bass-ackwards. Schneider and Luongo take pressure off of each other. That is the beauty of a tandem - neither guy is in a do or die situation. Luongo may feel a lot of pressure, but he and Schneider have each other's backs - all the other goaltenders in the playoffs (with the possible exception of Elliot/ Halak) actually have much more pressure on them.

Archived