The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brian Burke Cheered For Boston To Win The Cup Last Season

ROGER

He had 2 teams he could cheer for in the finals and he picked the bruins. Who cares, alot of people picked the bruins.

The entire world didn't like the way we played last year.. Looking and complaining to the refs everytime we got touched all playoffs to get power plays. Look at all the heat Crosby is taking right now for the exact same stuff.

He had 2 teams he could cheer for in the finals and he picked the bruins. Who cares, alot of people picked the bruins.

The entire world didn't like the way we played last year.. Looking and complaining to the refs everytime we got touched all playoffs to get power plays. Look at all the heat Crosby is taking right now for the exact same stuff.

Wasn't Burke the NHL justice czar prior to his taking the helm in Vancouver? That would mean Campbell learned the job from Burke.

Burke is a lawyer, all of the above are probably reasons why he was consulted, that said IMO Burke is also a blowhard and wouldn't know a goalie talent if a goalie bit him on the end of his nose. That was ultimately his downfall in Vancouver and his biggest problem in TO.

so he didnt like the way we played. He likes players that can be physical without taking away from their offensive game, something which Boston has seemed to build their team around. The players Burke likes are the players on the Bruins, so it's not that crazy.

While saying all this, does it really matter what he thinks? his team has missed the playoffs again. I mean i can say that i didnt like the way the blackhawks, or the bruins play doesnt mean they arent good teams......

I don't think this is anything new.

Most people assumed Burke was cheering for Boston, after all, he helped build their team.

And I think most Canuck fans were horrified at the poor judgement displayed by Murphy in consulting with another GM who clearly had an axe to grind against his old team. The Rome suspension turned out to be fraudulent all around, and Burke's finger prints were all over it.

But to the point at hand, I have a concern about Mike Murphy and his relationship with the Kings. Not sure if Murphy still does video reviews, but he still is a high ranking NHL hockey ops VP, with a far reach.

He has a clear history of making questionable, virtually indefensible, decisions that negatively affect the Canucks.

The Sedin non-goal being the most obvious, and the Rome suspension a close second.

Who frakking cares about Burke, the maple laffs or the bruins! This thread doesn't get locked?!

Canucks: Back to back Presidents Cups, back to back SCF appearances, and 2011-2012 Stanley Cup Champs!!

'nuff said - Goodbye!

Archived