The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brian Burke Cheered For Boston To Win The Cup Last Season

ROGER

Did you happen to see some of Boston's epic dives and embellishments last year in the playoffs? Not only against the Canucks, but all the way through.

The press has now become a tool for teams to take small threads of truth and blow them out of proportion in hopes of getting an advantage.

I am thankful right now that the Eastern press is working their magic on the Pens right now. A lot of teams are very afraid of the Pens and it is showing in the obvious media campaigns. Sadly, it seems to work.

The Canucks take a few dives here and there.

But if the Bruins dive"just as much as us" then, getting back to your point about why Burke was cheering for the Bs, I suppose the diving wouldn't have anything to do with it? There has to be some other reason, like, for example, getting totally snubbed by the Canucks since his departure.

I care.

Particularly when you find out that a guy was actively cheering against/negative towards a team (a team that let him go previously) yet he is asked to advise on a suspension for a player to that team. A suspension that ended up being the largest in history for the finals against a player with no history on a play that was not deemed dirty just a point of a second late.

That is pretty disturbing actually and now on tape.

I'm always amazed at the number of white knights riding to the defence of the critics... If you don't care stop clicking the links

Archived