The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Places To Watch Stanley Cup Playoffs Dt

JBJohnnyB

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but if it isn't I ask the Mods to please move it to the correct forum.

Following the awful Stanley Cup Riot's in Vancouver last June, Vancouver Police and City Council are cracking down on the public parties around town to watch, and celebrate with fellow hockey and Canucks fans during the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs. This has scared off some people, but fear not fans, Joe's Apartment (919 Granville St. Vancouver BC) has you covered.

For the duration of the playoffs the friendly people down at Joe's will have you surrounded by multiple massive projector screen TVs, beer specials, and rowdy Canucks fans alike, all in the friendly confines of the Vancouver bar.

When the game is over, the bar transforms into a club with live music from local bands, and a safe place to celebrate a Canucks victory!

So throw your concerns out the window of where to watch the game, and wander on down to Joe's and stay for pre-game and post-game fun. They are also handing out prizes during each game including jerseys, tickets, and other Joe's prize packs!

As they show in their video, they want redemption for last year just as much as every Vancouver Canucks fan, and won't let the opposition win this June.

Vancouverites, game one is just a couple days away, get the news out to your friends today that Joe's Apartment is your home for the playoffs! No hassles, no funny business or dealing with the "no fun" city that the law is placing on Vancouver, just a good time at your pal Joe's place!

Follow Joe's Apartment on Twitter for more info: @JoesApt

And be sure to check them out on Facebook: Joe's Apartment

Hey everyone, a word of caution to you.

As games get more important (5, 6, 7) lots of bouncers and stuff will be looking to get tip offs at almost every place in town. Some of the big places, (Shark Club, Library Square other sports bars downtown) will line people up for hours pre-game because the bouncers know they'll get people that will pay 60 - 100$ in cash into their hands to jump the line right before puck drop. You end up screwed, in line for hours. Last year I was in line at Library Square for 4 hours, and spent probably 45 of it at the front while people shelled out cash to go in, and never did get let in.

You're best bet, head somewhere where its first come first serve and no bouncer set up. Tons of pubs in kitsilano are tight for watching the game, and you don't end up with this b.s.

FYI, if you do want to watch the game at Library Square, or Shark Club or something like that, go at like 11:00 Am, and get a stamp! Then (and this was happening last year) people were showing up at like 5 minutes to puck drop, flashing their wrist with their stamp and strolling on in. Call it smart, annoying, it's one of the only ways to make places like that work.

Hey everyone, a word of caution to you.

As games get more important (5, 6, 7) lots of bouncers and stuff will be looking to get tip offs at almost every place in town. Some of the big places, (Shark Club, Library Square other sports bars downtown) will line people up for hours pre-game because the bouncers know they'll get people that will pay 60 - 100$ in cash into their hands to jump the line right before puck drop. You end up screwed, in line for hours. Last year I was in line at Library Square for 4 hours, and spent probably 45 of it at the front while people shelled out cash to go in, and never did get let in.

You're best bet, head somewhere where its first come first serve and no bouncer set up. Tons of pubs in kitsilano are tight for watching the game, and you don't end up with this b.s.

FYI, if you do want to watch the game at Library Square, or Shark Club or something like that, go at like 11:00 Am, and get a stamp! Then (and this was happening last year) people were showing up at like 5 minutes to puck drop, flashing their wrist with their stamp and strolling on in. Call it smart, annoying, it's one of the only ways to make places like that work.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but if it isn't I ask the Mods to please move it to the correct forum.

IMO it's a great place to check out game's downtown, with all the no-fun being passed around. feel free to add other venues as places to check out!

I love watching the games at my house. My family is super passionate about hockey, and its the only place i could yell super loud every time we score or get a bad penalty. I tried the sports bar but everybody just goes "yahhhh!" Me? i like to get crazy and jump up and down, and by the end of the game, my voice is lost and fists are sore from giving "pounds" to my homies

Archived