The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

If We Don't Win This Year...god Forbid.

jonnycanuck46

I think all of Canuck Nation expects the Canucks to get redemption this year. But we need to look at the teams we're up against. Almost every team in the West has improved, and the Beasts of the East have got Boston who's still strong, Pittsburgh who's got Crosby back, and the New York Rangers who look stronger than ever.

If we win this year it will be much more of a success than if we would have won last year, just simply because the challenge and competition is that much steeper...

What will happen though if we choke at any point? This really feels like the last straw for a lot of us. I seriously don't see the team having much of a drive in 2012-2013 if the outcome this year is another bust. And I'm not even going to mention what the fans would do.

190dwy.jpg

We will be fine. 2 consecutive President's trophies when we aren't even playing our best? I'll take it. This is the best team that I can remember (other than Bure years, perhaps). This is the YEAR.

GO CANUCKS GO

Do we really need to do this now? Can we not just enjoy the games as they come without leaping to a worst case scenario before we even begin? There will be plenty of hindsight time should the unthinkable happen...........let's just cheer our team on and appreciate where we are at this time of the year.

I think all of Canuck Nation expects the Canucks to get redemption this year make a strong push for the hardest trophy in all of sports to win against a number of strong opponents despite not looking as dominant as we did last year.

If we don't win we'll just play another 82 games and start again in a year. It won't be the end of the world. Gillis is smart, this team isn't falling apart in the off-season. If anything we may have a chance to improve, with young guys like Kassian and Schroeder developing.

Sometimes it comes down to some luck, staying healthy, and having your top players absolutely tearing it up. I think Canucks have all the missing pieces, at least 95% of it. You can't really get any better without losing some of the components. Trading Luongo away can't really solve anything, if your top forwards aren't producing and your defense gets a break down, even with Cory in net.

Father was saying- if the Canucks dont make it this year... lots of fans will be lost- and the room 4 redemtion will be hell... Will they ever learn maybe after im dead they will win the cup.\

PS: Father was also saying- dont bother to turn the tv on til Canucks are in the Semi finals or buy any tickets- i am a dir hard Canuck fan, that has cared 4 this team for a long time now.. just dont post much.

What will happen though if we choke at any point? This really feels like the last straw for a lot of us. I seriously don't see the team having much of a drive in 2012-2013 if the outcome this year is another bust. And I'm not even going to mention what the fans would do.

Archived