The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

British Ice Hockey

edinuck

I'm from Edinburgh and go see the caps as much as I can, the atmosphere is absolutely fantastic! Now I know British hockey is nothing compared to the NHL but its not as bad as you might think have you ever seen a game per here?

5000 is more than a lot of german teams have in the top league

but 800 can also make a huge support for their team

is hockey one of the only sports where great britian only starts as great britain?

i mean in other "national" sports like rugby, football, or sports like curling they starts with seperated teams, england,scotland,wales..etc

As far as I know think it is. if we didn't play as Great Britain we wouldn't be as half as good as we are now. Some of the key players in the team don't come from England such as the goalie and one of our best forwards, we are also quite reliant on dual nationalities.

the GB world cup roster can be found here if your interested http://www.elitepros...m.php?team=1854

Im from Lincoln so followed the Nothingham Pathers origionally- went up to newcastle for uni and for 3 seasons watched the vipers, saw them win the playoffs then have their best players leave,saw some good players come through but ultimalty they couldnt sustain it due to rink hire and other costs even though imsure most home games were around the 3500-5000 fans.

Sheffield at the arena i belive can get up to around 8000, and the panthers regularly get around 6000

One thing I have to give to European fans is that I love all the songs they have. Very vocal. However I don't recall really hearing much in international tournies.

Is it just British/Scottish fans?

If you want an atmosphere in Canada, look no further than Winnipeg ;)

Archived