The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Daniel Sedin Not Playing Game 1 According To His Pops

MrBorat

Well good and bad, better he does not rush back into playing so good to see he is making the right choice. Bad because well, it'd be nice to have Daniel back.

Team has looked good in his absence so far so until we start struggling no reason to put pressure on him.

He's an odd sort of troll. He doesn't come and blatantly troll us or the Canucks but he uses a disguised form of trolling that seems harmless on the surface but is really taking shots at the team. He's also a member of HFboards and I remember last year during the playoffs him taking part in many arguments and debates involving the Canucks in which he was definitely on the anti-Canuck side.

Just ignore him.

Anyone else notice we played better down the stretch without Daniel in the lineup anyway?

In the 12 games leading up to the injury, he went 2g 2a -6.  Basically, a lot of teams have learned how to shut down the Sedins.  

Now, with Daniel out, it's going to be hard to 'shut down the Sedins' when there's only one.  We've seen Henrik play a lot better because he's not just looking for his brother every shift.  Teams aren't sure how to play against the Sedins when they're not together.

Not saying Daniel is a detriment.  Far from it.  But I would put Daniel on another line when he comes back unless we're playing a team with a so-so defense.

I'm tired of watching the Sedins being hammered down every shift because AV refuses to split them up.  Cheers.

TOML

Didnt gillis say tuesday afternoon hes fine and had no set back?

I am inclined to believe what he said. I believe daniel is just not ready to play yet.

AV also seemed to deny what his father had said, or at least said nothing new to report.

"Ben Kuzma

More Vigneault on D. Sedin: "He's not going to play tonight. I don't know if the information his father said is totally true."

Archived