The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Called 9-11 For The First Time In My Life Today

Primal Optimist

did the right thing for sure. even if it was nothing, you can never be too safe.

side note... did you get treated like crap for calling. every time i've called 911 or the non emergency lines, I get treated like I am a big waste of time.

Haha, I appreciate the feedback, and the crisis line number, good to have. The main reason i doubted if i should have called was in fact the operator by the end of the call made me feel like crap for calling....she did everything but fingerprint me. Literally spent more time getting my particulars than any details on what I was reporting, even though I stressed I called 9-11 because they were on foot and going about 7 blocks so if a cop was to hurry..and was dispatched right away, they could actually find them before they got indoors...I dunno, now I think it was a waste of time, they likely blew the chance to intervene by taking my shoe size and D.O.B. before a description of the woman in trouble.

If it was her boyfriend and it was non-urgent situation, the best thing to do is have the police get involved. Keep in mind the OP didn't actually see him punching her and didn't need to stop him from punching her. He just arrived in the aftermath.

The best thing to do is get the police involved. At least that way it's on record.

I drive around with a goalie stick in my car because it outranges a lot of other weapons and I like escalating situations really fast and being stupid. Except guns. You could say guns are my weakness.

But seriously I would have done the same thing and I believe you did the right thing.

Archived