The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Bitz Upcoming Suspension

Harbinger

I've seen the replay many times and I can't say 100% it was a shoulder to head or shoulder to shoulder hit. At the end of the day, the one player was in a vulnerable position and he threw a hit to his blind side.

1-2 games should get the message out their that this type of play will not be accepted in the league. Players are dropping like flies out their and it isn't something anyone wants to see in the game.

There was no reason Bitz to have followed through, he saw Clifford in a vulnerable position, targeted the head, no signs of letting up, and it was quite visible that Clifford wasn't going to turn around.

Bitz will get the book thumped on him for that. considering what has happened to past incidents and not so recently Daniel Sedin and Duncan Keith incident, that really just sheds a lot of negativity on us. This is definetly something that we are trying to take out of the game. I get it, the games full of emotions and fast but honestly what Bitz did was totally uncalled for.

Especially at the time of the game, we just started gaining momentum in the second period, and he does that. Tie game, and sends us on a 5 minute goose chase, just absolutely pathetic, placed us behind the 8 ball early in the game.

I don't think he should be in the Canucks lineup suspension or not. He had a couple of nice games with the Sedins earlier in the year and all of a sudden he is back for the playoffs even though he did nothing since with the Canucks and even played rather poorly with the Wolves.

The time to call up Reinprecht is now. He is a proven vet who can now be called up with no cap ramifications. Get him in the lineup now.

I hope Bitz gets suspended if it means Reinprecht gets called up.

Archived