The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

...people Are Already Freaking Out?

Sedinry

I last checked the forums an hour or two before the game, tons of positive feedback "Go Canucks go!" Etc etc.

I come back on, and all hell has broken loose. Thank you for the sincere amusement.

Too those of you on the board with patience, common sense, and no knee-jerk reactions over ONE GAME - Nothin' but respect from me.

To the rest of you;

roflcopter-demotivational-poster-1222192487.jpg

Are they eliminated? No. Cry when we're golfing. Until then support the damn team :picard:

Definitely starting to understand why so many other fan bases hate us.

Guest BuckFoston

What was it exactly you were expecting after a playoff loss (in fact, any loss?) it'll go back to butterflies and rainbows once the Canucks win one.

Maybe not acting like drama queens and throwing the team under a bus. Pens lost by allowing 4 unanswered goals last night and while the fans were anything but pleased with such a poor performance, I did not see any comments about being swept, singling out players, coaches, ect. There was one comment about trading Fleury and that dude got shot down by the rest of the group really fast. Detroit fans also did not act like the people here after their loss to Preds. If you follow at least one other NHL fan base, you will see that Canucks fans are by far the worst with the "sky is falling" mentality.

Guest BuckFoston

I don't think many people are freaking out - just seems like something you'd start a topic about but its actually not as bad as I thought it would be

CDC IS FINALLY MATURING A BIT!

their will obviously be a few topics but other than that it's been pretty okay around here...

so no.. people aren't freaking out.

SIT DOWN.

Guest BuckFoston

The better teams lost today in my opinion. Van, Detroit, and the Pens. So no one should feel bad, it's only game 1.

Sometimes the first round is the toughest because you need to adapt yourself to playoff style hockey. Both Van and Boston had tough first round opponents last year and look where they ended up...

I think what it is, is Van hasn't played all that great for 2 or so months, and everyone was telling themselves that they were just waiting for playoffs. Then game 1 they don't play good so all the fair weather fans are panicing.

But I agree, Van has probably one of the worst fan bases.

Fans are way too critical or they are just bandwagonners. I hear you though... these threads on playing schneider instead of lu when Lu really did keep us in the game and if you cant see that you clearly weren't watching the game. It seems like all these people are giving up already. Its 1 game lets hope they get a wake up call and play better tomorrow. We know theres a few things they must work out but don't throw your team under the bus.

I don't understand how people are blaming the refs on this one. Other than Kesler's snowshower penalty every one of those calls against us had to be made. And we scored our first goal because of uncalled goalie interference.

We lost because we came out of the gate with no intensity, we played undisciplined hockey, and our PP is terrible.

I was going to start a new topic but this one seems to be appropriate.

Firstly, THIS IS ONLY GAME ONE.

I mention that because I'm about to go against the grain here and say we should still be concerned and these are some of my reasons.

Last night was our season in a nutshell. Looking good for short passages but in the main disorganised and relying on sparks of individual genius to paper over the cracks.

We are lacking glue. By that I mean there are far too many players either playing for themselves or don't seem to understand the system they are playing in. Kesler seems to think beast mode is skating about trying to get involved with players instead of getting his head in the game. Much of this I ........now here's where I get controversial........put down to PLAYING WITH BOOTH.

Booth to me is a line killer. Tunnel vision in spades. For you Raymond "haters"....Raymond on steroids but without the defensive upside.

He has the speed and strength to open the opposition up for others around him but it's like he thinks he HAS TO DO IT ALL ON HIS OWN. That is not how this team has built its rep and I am becoming tired of it. I'm not saying he should be benched but he needs to have his thinking changed.

The players who played well last night were the ones who "kept their head in the game" Henrik, Burrows, Manny, Raymond, Pahlsson Hansen, Salo, Hamhuis and Lu. Some others suffered from others not keeping their head in the game, Tanev, Edler, Higgins and Kass. The rest forgot why they were in this team.

To get back to glue. I was not opposed to the decision to trade Cody if the Club felt it was right but quite honestly Pahlson does not give us the creative and play making attributes Cody provided. For that reason I wonder if Reinprecht should be brought up, not to replace Pahlson but to give us back some of the playmaking cohesion say in the 2nd line and put Booth on the third.

We are certainly missing Danny and also Ballard in defence. We also miss a player like Volpatti. He would have gone round that Kings team delivering more "legal" damage in one period than Kass and Bitz did all night. He is also a very cool player who knows his role and did it calmly and without fuss.

In summing up we are going to have to play more hockey, pass more and be a lot smarter than we have been for much of this season if we are not to make an early exit. Our PP is non existent and I don't know what will get it back but I know one thing we are dumping because we are NOT PASSING and not passing early. You can't afford to constantly give possession of the puck away just because we want to play greedy.

I agree.

Alot of the fans of this team, are only fans until they lose.

I've cheered for the nucks after every game they've played, nomatter how badly they lost.

If you guys wantg to see them win the cup, you have to be more suportive.

Booing your number one goalie is not the best idea either.

I last checked the forums an hour or two before the game, tons of positive feedback "Go Canucks go!" Etc etc.

I come back on, and all hell has broken loose. Thank you for the sincere amusement.

Too those of you on the board with patience, common sense, and no knee-jerk reactions over ONE GAME - Nothin' but respect from me.

To the rest of you;

roflcopter-demotivational-poster-1222192487.jpg

Are they eliminated? No. Cry when we're golfing. Until then support the damn team :picard:

Definitely starting to understand why so many other fan bases hate us.

There are two types of fans who aren't happy about last night performance:

1. The knee-jerk, emotional, sky-is-falling fans who want Lu traded and the team blown up overthe summer.

2. Those of us who are concerned because the team hasn't played up to its ability for quite a while now, and that doesn't seem to have changed.

Luongo and Hamhuis both played very well, and the only reason the Canucks didn't get completely shelled last night was because of them. Lu bailed the team out with a bunch of amazing saves to keep the team in it.

The Canucks' vaunted powerplay has really gone cold. It's been ineffective since the new year. They're still not playing well in their own zone, botching coverage and giving up too many odd-man opportunities.

Last night's parade to the penalty box is really what did us in, as well as the Kings just looking hungrier and wanting the win more.

That's not to say those of us who are concerned are wailing and screaming and crying over one loss. I'm not panicking at all, but at the same time, I'm aware that the boys need to pick up their play.

I predicted a long series, and it looks to be going in that direction.

Archived