The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler's Antics

CoreyPerry

Kesler's attitude is the first thing that needs to change. Kesler has been my favorite player for some time now so I will stand by him. But his constant nagging of the refs makes me want to puke. He is lucky he doesn't get more slashing and cross checking calls against him too.

Last year Kesler was loose. He was confident. He skated away and smiled. He had FUN out there. He pranked his teammates interviews. He made the best of things on the ice. He laughed when opponents came after him. I don't remember the last time I saw Ryan Kesler smile out there.

Kesler needs to start acting like a professional again. And fast. He will probably play better hockey. He will at least get more respect from me.

Just need to vent so I figured since there is a thread on LA kings twitter, lets talk about something actually that concerns the way this team plays. Kesler's antics are getting old, canucks fans are getting sick and tired of his diving. Remember Gillis had a sitdown with him couple years back about stopping all the post whistle BS, and Kesler went on to have a career season, does he need another one. Why is he reverting back to that play, and on top of that add diving. Like its just embarrassing as a fan of this team to see that, we all know how good and effective Kes can be w/o all of them extra curricular activites. Is it because he isn't producing right now, and tries dirty tactics to give our team a PP. I don't know what it is, might get flamed for this post, but I was fully embarrassed tonight by Kesler's antics ALL game. This clip just took the cake.
Just one aspect of his game which he goes to far too often IMO

After watching Kesler throw his head back during Burrows goal, I knew we were in for a rough ride with the refs. All I could think was "her we go again..."

Absolutely disgusted by Kesler's antics last night.

The calls and non-calls last night were just proof that refs like Dan O'Rourke do not need any further reason to throw the games in the favour of the opposition. Kesler's antics will cost us in the long run and it is embarrassing.

Kesler seemed to make great strides last season to mature as a player. This season he has completely returned to his old childish behaviour and his play has suffered as a result. After such a lackluster season from our "best player" I expect a lot more from him than this.

Absolutely disgusting.

lol.....

all the stupid threads about Cory vs. Lu don't get merged, but mine (which isn't only about Kesler) does.....

rofl.

It wasn't just Kesler not playing hockey last night. Lapierre couldn't keep his mouth shut and Hank was diving around as well.

The first dive actually came minutes into the first period. I ignored it and pretended as if he legitimately fell. Then he snaps his head back when Quick essentially doesn't hit him and the wheels start falling off.

I just don't know what he's trying to acheive by diving / embellishing?

(1) The officials won't like you for showing them up and this dislike can manifest on the whole team (i.e. Non calls)

(2) It's completely counterproductive to the play!

Kesler dives and then gets up and glares and whines to the officials, and during this the play is going on! Come on Kes, drop it and backcheck! It's like he's completely forgotten everything that won him the Selke last season.

It went from embarrassing to just disappointing by the end of the night.

Kesler, Burrows and Lapierre tries to get other players off their game, but the only things it does is takes themselves off their game and motivates the other team.

When Kesler Burrows and Lapierre plays a hard-nosed game and shut up/ignore opponent, it drives them mad! When they start chirping at the other team, it gets the other team motivated.

Just play hockey ! That's what got us here.Leave the antics in the dressing room. I wore rose colored glasses last year and balked at everyone who called us divers and sissies , but after last night , I have to agree. Keep this kind of play up and we dont deserve to make it out of the first round.

Embarrassing and classless

I was disgusted.. I even had a hard time cheering for Burrows' goal, and it just snowballed from there. I know Kes is one of our best players(and personally, one of my favorites), but if I was AV, I would seriously consider benching him for game 2. Give him 4th line minutes if anything. Send a message that this BS won't be tolerated. It does no good.

Archived