The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

We Are All Just Panicking!

406281dylan

Guys it is obvious why we should all be mad, and thats because the underdog took us out in the first game of the series on home ice. I just want to let everyone know that we are a two time presidents trophy winner in the last two years and I highly doubt we will get eliminated. Every time a team loses its normal for fans to blame someone. Lets not forget that the bruins were down two games to none both against MTL and us, and they still won last year. Now I am really anxious for a win so I hope we turn this series around fast but lets keep in mind its a best out of 7 series and not best out of 3. We have the players to win a cup of course it will help so much when sedin and ballard get back but we are playing with out them and we know we can win games without them, however everyone must show up to do so. Last game Kesler got blamed a bit by the fans but he also did have two assists. If I recall Gillies did aquire Kassian and Pahlsson on deadline.Kassian will be ready next year and I hope Pahlsson picks up his game like he is supposed to at this time of the year. Intresting enough I beleive Vigneault should look where chemistry is best. There are many diffrent line combos you can do. Look at the flyers.

Crazy lines would look like this when healthy

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Raymond-Kesler-Booth

Burrows-Lapierre-Higgins

Pahlsson-Manny-Weise

What the real lines should be though

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Kesler-Booth

Lapiere-Pahlsson-Hansen

Weise-Manny-Bitz

Hopefully this will be the wake up call we need. Penalties aside there was some pretty bad play from a few Canuck regulars that needs to improve in a hurry. We also iced our semi "goon" squad last night in anticipation of a rough and tumble game. Looks like we should have iced out "skill" squad instead considering the amount of non penalties that were called that haven't been called in the last three months of the season. Weird game.

:)

Hopefully this will be the wake up call we need. Penalties aside there was some pretty bad play from a few Canuck regulars that needs to improve in a hurry. We also iced our semi "goon" squad last night in anticipation of a rough and tumble game. Looks like we should have iced out "skill" squad instead considering the amount of non penalties that were called that haven't been called in the last three months of the season. Weird game.

:)

I also want to think about the bright side of this.

There was a lot of talk about learning lessons from last year about how it is such a long haul to get to the SCF, how we ran out of gas and couldn't respond against Boston, and pacing yourselves so you have something left in the tank.

I think there is a danger of learning that lesson too well and ending up not making it past the early rounds because you left stuff in the tank for later.

The real way to conserve yourself for later rounds is to decimate opponents in 4-5 games and having a rest before the next series.

Guys it is obvious why we should all be mad, and thats because the underdog took us out in the first game of the series on home ice. I just want to let everyone know that we are a two time presidents trophy winner in the last two years and I highly doubt we will get eliminated. Every time a team loses its normal for fans to blame someone. Lets not forget that the bruins were down two games to none both against MTL and us, and they still won last year. Now I am really anxious for a win so I hope we turn this series around fast but lets keep in mind its a best out of 7 series and not best out of 3. We have the players to win a cup of course it will help so much when sedin and ballard get back but we are playing with out them and we know we can win games without them, however everyone must show up to do so. Last game Kesler got blamed a bit by the fans but he also did have two assists. If I recall Gillies did aquire Kassian and Pahlsson on deadline.Kassian will be ready next year and I hope Pahlsson picks up his game like he is supposed to at this time of the year. Intresting enough I beleive Vigneault should look where chemistry is best. There are many diffrent line combos you can do. Look at the flyers.

Crazy lines would look like this when healthy

Sedin-Sedin-Hansen

Raymond-Kesler-Booth

Burrows-Lapierre-Higgins

Pahlsson-Manny-Weise

What the real lines should be though

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Kesler-Booth

Lapiere-Pahlsson-Hansen

Weise-Manny-Bitz

Archived