The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Everyone Just Stop Calling This Team Classy?!

jonnycanuck46

I'm sick of us tooting our own horns and calling ourselves the classiest team in hockey. We are SO NOT!!! If the Canucks want to earn that title, they have to come out objectively and win hockey games.

Last time I checked, the Canucks don't have a cup to their name, so why do we all run around saying we're the **** when we still need to prove ourselves? Its like a guy in a fight who throws a solid punch and solutes the crowd, only to get totalled right after but the guy he's fighting!

I am a DIEHARD fan of this team to the death, but honestly we can't compare to teams like Detroit and New York in terms of class. Never see diving or cheap plays out of those teams- just good, solid winning combinations. So hold off the "stay classy, Vancouver" comments until the Stanley Cup is parading through Robson and Burrard.

/Rant

**Edit: Have fun flaming. Your the ones who will be bandwagoning, not me. And oh, is that so 2009? Its a WORD, words don't get old last time I checked. Fact is, the diving and whining has to stop, and the focused hockey has to resume.

I'm sick of us tooting our own horns and calling ourselves the classiest team in hockey. We are SO NOT!!! If the Canucks want to earn that title, they have to come out objectively and win hockey games.

Last time I checked, the Canucks don't have a cup to their name, so why do we all run around saying we're the sh*t when we still need to prove ourselves? Its like a guy in a fight who throws a solid punch and solutes the crowd, only to get totalled right after but the guy he's fighting!

I am a DIEHARD fan of this team to the death, but honestly we can't compare to teams like Detroit and New York in terms of class. Never see diving or cheap plays out of those teams- just good, solid winning combinations. So hold off the "stay classy, Vancouver" comments until the Stanley Cup is parading through Robson and Burrard.

/Rant

It is just the image of our club. When u think about the Canucks, you think about guys like Burrow, Kes, Sedins, Luongo....these guys CAN'T fight! If we have some BIG AND TOUGH players to symbolize our team, people will see us as a strong team instead of a puss team even if we have guys like Sedins and Kesler. Therefore, the most important thing for this team is to add several BIG AND TOUGH player to help the team to have a better image.

Archived