The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Everyone Just Stop Calling This Team Classy?!

jonnycanuck46

Did you see the play tho, Hurlder deftainly didn't dive. I do with the opening post tho, I don't understand why Kesler is flopping all over the place, The refs just looks at that and look the other way, Kesler was my favourite player on the Canucks since 08 and ever since last year he has been getting worst and worst with his actions just keep it whistle to whistle. Mike Richards sees that he can Kesler off his game already which isn't a good thing since Richard already has 2 points in the series.

So New York is classy who had Avery on their team and Torts as their coach? No team is classy when you nit pick at the little things they do and define their organization by one player or one game. If anything you just proved it's the fans of the city that lack class.

Class doesn't have anything to do with winning or not. It's how you represent yourself. You don't have to win the Stanley Cup to be classy. Look at Boston.

I'm sick of us tooting our own horns and calling ourselves the classiest team in hockey. We are SO NOT!!! If the Canucks want to earn that title, they have to come out objectively and win hockey games.

Last time I checked, the Canucks don't have a cup to their name, so why do we all run around saying we're the sh*t when we still need to prove ourselves? Its like a guy in a fight who throws a solid punch and solutes the crowd, only to get totalled right after but the guy he's fighting!

I am a DIEHARD fan of this team to the death, but honestly we can't compare to teams like Detroit and New York in terms of class. Never see diving or cheap plays out of those teams- just good, solid winning combinations. So hold off the "stay classy, Vancouver" comments until the Stanley Cup is parading through Robson and Burrard.

/Rant

**Edit: Have fun flaming. Your the ones who will be bandwagoning, not me. And oh, is that so 2009? Its a WORD, words don't get old last time I checked. Fact is, the diving and whining has to stop, and the focused hockey has to resume.

The Canucks are like a box of chocolates.

There are the ones you like and the ones you don't really care for.

At the end of the box I will eat even the chocolates that I don't care for.

Support the Canucks,support the game.Support the other team.It is hockey.

It is what it is.

So New York is classy who had Avery on their team and Torts as their coach? No team is classy when you nit pick at the little things they do and define their organization by one player or one game. If anything you just proved it's the fans of the city that lack class. Class doesn't have anything to do with winning or not. It's how you represent yourself. You don't have to win the Stanley Cup to be classy. Look at Boston.

When your Captain goes from viking mode (last 10 regular season games) into Olympic diving mode (1st playoff game) its never a good thing.

I just thought i would never be subjected to that again after last year. Its like these guys learned NOTHING from last year playoffs.

Kesler was an embarrassment and LaPierre needs to shut his yap and let his play do the talking.

Last night's diving did nothing but turn the refs against us and prove the haters right.

Diving, snowing the goalie, atta boy Kesler. Way to make us look like even bigger a**holes.

I know everyone will hate on me for siding with him on this. However, not only do Canuck fans talk about classy this and classy that in regaurds to our team and other teams. They also say it in regaurds to our own fans and other fans as well. What that does is make everyone else on planet earth think that we are snobs, which from all the boards, I sort of think we are in a sense. Who gives a S*** about grammar on a post and talking trash about a player, team , fan, or whatever. This is a sport that not only myself but millions of other people are very passionite about. Get over the little things and getting butt hurt about people talking smack about this or that. It makes you all seem like a bunch dorks and weaklings. I hope I spelled something wrong for all you nerds to correct me on. By the way the canucks will rebound off the bad game last night so shut the H*** up. None of you are NHL coaches or players.

Anyone who thinks we are classy has their head in the sand. We HAVE our moments, strictly speaking, in the community... the Canucks organization/players do a tremendous amount of charitable work. That's classy. However, our on ice antics and having our management complain about certain aspects of the game for the entire league and media to dissect, probably not that classy. There is a time and place for stuff like that to be handled, and phone call to league head office should suffice.

That being said, last night was brutal to watch. I've been in denial when other fans/teams called us divers/whiners etc. But I see it, and its frustrating. I don't want to us to be known as those types of hockey players. There is integrity of the game that needs to be respected, regardless of what occurs. Most of the time it is out of our control. I.e. reffing/suspensions etc.

A true team fights through adversity and brushes it off.

Our fanbase is Jekyl and Hyde on its best days, and we are the laughing stock of the league. I'm sick of it, and I know a good percentage of us are too. We reap what we sow, and until we play whistle to whistle, good hard-nosed hockey, we will be known as divers/whiners.

Anyone who thinks we are classy has their head in the sand.  We HAVE our moments, strictly speaking, in the community... the Canucks organization/players does a tremendous amount of charitable work.  That's classy.  However, our on ice antics and having our management complain about certain aspects of the game for the entire league and media to dissect, probably not that classy.  There is a time and place for stuff like that to be handled, and phone call to league head office should suffice.

That being said, last night was brutal to watch.  I've been in denial when other fans/teams called us divers/whiners etc.  But I see it, and its frustrating.  I don't want to us to be known as those types of hockey players.  There is integrity of the game that needs to be

respected, regardless of occurs.  Most of the time it is out of our control.  I.e. reffing/suspensions etc.

A true team fights through adversity and brushes it off.

Our fanbase is Jekyl and Hyde on its best days, and we are the laughing stock of the league.  I'm sick of it, and I know a good percentage of us are too.  We reap what we sow, and until we play whistle to whistle, good hard-nosed hockey, we will be known as divers/whiners.

Archived