The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Everyone Just Stop Calling This Team Classy?!

jonnycanuck46

When your Captain goes from viking mode (last 10 regular season games) into Olympic diving mode (1st playoff game) its never a good thing.

I just thought i would never be subjected to that again after last year. Its like these guys learned NOTHING from last year playoffs.

Kesler was an embarrassment and LaPierre needs to shut his yap and let his play do the talking.

Last night's diving did nothing but turn the refs against us and prove the haters right.

Diving, snowing the goalie, atta boy Kesler. Way to make us look like even bigger a**holes.

Lapierre gets under peoples skin and puts them off thier game, even if it's a little, it's effective. I have no problem with the way he does things on the ice and "chirpers" have been around since the original 6.

I'm curious as to what penalties you felt were unjust? Also if you didn't notice the Canucks went 0-5 lastnight on the PP, it's too bad the refs waved off them 2 goals.....oh wait.

The last comment you made about "Diving, snowing the goalie" Do you watch any of the other games? Did you watch Weber smash zetterbergs head into the glass like he was in the WWE? Did you see the Briere goal that was 2 feet offside but no call? Did you see the diving call in Detroit? All this bull about refs being against us, and being an unclassy team is rubbish. Every team dives, every team makes stupid decisions at some point, every team has someone who gets under opposing players skin in some fasion. To think the Canucks are the only team doing just proves your ignorance.

The team spent the majority of the season under the radar in terms of incidents, and allowed other organizations the chance to goon it up. And just prior to the playoffs, doubt was cast whether or not they are as cheap as people say they are (at least more than other teams have shown).

And then Game 1 happened. :sadno: I hate to agree with OP, but that was a pretty bad game for the Canucks. Successful LA troll tweet is successful.

I see yesterday's game as a test on the referees. Canucks do not play this dirty and dive this much normally. They are just testing the refs out, and showing the whole league that we can retaliate if they start playing cheap.

Archived